Ebola Death Toll Reaches 932: WHO
The death toll in West Africa's Ebola outbreak has hit 932, with the number of cases surpassing 1,700, the World Health Organization said today.
In a statement, the UN health agency said that its latest updated figures took account of 108 new cases and 45 deaths reported by Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone between last Saturday and Monday.
The total number of laboratory-confirmed, probable or suspected cases of Ebola has now reached 1,711 since the outbreak in west Africa began in January, according to the WHO's figures.
The agency said that of the 45 new deaths, 27 were in Liberia, 13 in Sierra Leone and five in Guinea, where the outbreak began.
Sierra Leone's case-count has overtaken Guinea's over recent months.
It reported 45 new cases, taking its total to 691, with 286 deaths.
Liberia reported 48 new cases, lifting its total to 282. Of those, 282 have been fatal.
Although Guinea recorded just 10 new cases, it still has the highest death toll.
In total, Guinea has seen 363 fatalities and 495 cases and since the outbreak began.
The WHO listed five new cases in Nigeria, taking that country's count to nine, with one death.
Earlier today, Nigeria had confirmed five new cases in Lagos and a second death from the virus, bringing the total number of infections in sub-Saharan Africa's largest city to seven.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman