e-Rickshaw Operators Hold Protest, Demand Relief
Scores of e-rickshaws drivers and owners today staged a protest at Jantar Mantar here demanding that the government take steps to facilitate the operation of such vehicles.
The slogan of the protesters, led by the Battery Rickshaw Sangh national convener Jai Bhagwan Goel, was, "This is not an auto, it is an e-rickshaw... Don't finish our livelihood".
Delhi High Court yesterday made it clear that it cannot allow e-rickshaws to ply unless there were guidelines to regulate them and asked the Centre to come up with draft regulations.
"We want immediate relief for e-rickshaw drivers who are facing problems after the court's order. We want the Centre to form guidelines immediately so that we are allowed to earn our livelihood," Goel said, adding, "We also appeal to the court to give us relief."
"Our concern is very clear and we cannot allow these e-rickshaws without any regulations," a bench of Justices BD Ahmed and Siddharth Mridul had said, listing the matter for further hearing on August 14.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10