e-Rickshaw Operators Hold Protest, Demand Relief
Scores of e-rickshaws drivers and owners today staged a protest at Jantar Mantar here demanding that the government take steps to facilitate the operation of such vehicles.
The slogan of the protesters, led by the Battery Rickshaw Sangh national convener Jai Bhagwan Goel, was, "This is not an auto, it is an e-rickshaw... Don't finish our livelihood".
Delhi High Court yesterday made it clear that it cannot allow e-rickshaws to ply unless there were guidelines to regulate them and asked the Centre to come up with draft regulations.
"We want immediate relief for e-rickshaw drivers who are facing problems after the court's order. We want the Centre to form guidelines immediately so that we are allowed to earn our livelihood," Goel said, adding, "We also appeal to the court to give us relief."
"Our concern is very clear and we cannot allow these e-rickshaws without any regulations," a bench of Justices BD Ahmed and Siddharth Mridul had said, listing the matter for further hearing on August 14.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman