E. Ahamed Meets Rajnath Over 'RIsing' Communal Incidents
IUML leader E Ahamed today met Home Minister Rajnath Singh to express the party's concern over "rising" incidents of communal violence in the country after the NDA government came to power in May this year.
"It is a serious question of pondering why the incidents of communal violence have shot up after May 16, 2014. The whole purpose seems to be to further polarise Indian polity and pitch communities against each other.
"More than 600 serious incidents of communal disturbances occurred and even criminal acts have been given colour to use it as an instrument to create disunity in society," Ahamed said in a note given to the Home Minister.
He also expressed concern over the tendency to give "communal colour" to incidents of violence against women in which "criminals" from Muslim community were allegedly involved.
"No sensible person can justify the violence or sexual harassment against women. It is unfortunate that when violence and criminal acts against fair gender have been on rise and even unfortunate criminal incidents here and there, in which criminals from Muslim community have been found or alleged to have involved, are being unnecessarily given communal colour, and it should stop," the former Union minister said.
He alleged that "attempts have also been made to pitch minority community groups against each other".
Ahamed also raised the issue of exclusion of Arabic and other foreign languages from the list of Optional for Civil Services Mains Examinations.
He said it has adversely affected the candidates with madrassa education.
The former union minister pointed out that percentage of Muslims in candidates selected in UPSC Civil Services Examination is "abysmally poor and is always around 2 per cent only."
"Adequate steps may be taken to augment this poor representation," Ahamed said.
He said the Home Minister has assured that the government will take all necessary steps on this issue.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10