E. Ahamed Meets Rajnath Over 'RIsing' Communal Incidents
IUML leader E Ahamed today met Home Minister Rajnath Singh to express the party's concern over "rising" incidents of communal violence in the country after the NDA government came to power in May this year.
"It is a serious question of pondering why the incidents of communal violence have shot up after May 16, 2014. The whole purpose seems to be to further polarise Indian polity and pitch communities against each other.
"More than 600 serious incidents of communal disturbances occurred and even criminal acts have been given colour to use it as an instrument to create disunity in society," Ahamed said in a note given to the Home Minister.
He also expressed concern over the tendency to give "communal colour" to incidents of violence against women in which "criminals" from Muslim community were allegedly involved.
"No sensible person can justify the violence or sexual harassment against women. It is unfortunate that when violence and criminal acts against fair gender have been on rise and even unfortunate criminal incidents here and there, in which criminals from Muslim community have been found or alleged to have involved, are being unnecessarily given communal colour, and it should stop," the former Union minister said.
He alleged that "attempts have also been made to pitch minority community groups against each other".
Ahamed also raised the issue of exclusion of Arabic and other foreign languages from the list of Optional for Civil Services Mains Examinations.
He said it has adversely affected the candidates with madrassa education.
The former union minister pointed out that percentage of Muslims in candidates selected in UPSC Civil Services Examination is "abysmally poor and is always around 2 per cent only."
"Adequate steps may be taken to augment this poor representation," Ahamed said.
He said the Home Minister has assured that the government will take all necessary steps on this issue.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman