DUTA Accuses VC of Irregularities, to Seek Prez Intervention
Delhi University's Teachers Association today accused the Vice Chancellor of financial irregularities in certain projects implemented during his tenure and said they will seek President's intervention for a probe into it
"The VC has committed gross financial, administrative and academic regularities of over Rs 200 crore during his tenure. DUTA demands a comprehensive Visitorial inquiry against the VC, pending which, he should be made to go on leave," DUTA President Nandita Naraian alleged at a press conference here, citing replies of two RTIs filed by Academic Council members.
DUTA, an elected body of the university, today released a 'White Paper' on the alleged irregularities and violation of the Delhi University Act by the Vice Chancellor, Dinesh Singh.
"We will be submitting the white paper to the Visitor (President Pranab Mukherjee) and demand a probe into the irregularities," she said.
The paper questioned the VC's action related to OBC grants meant for expansion in teaching faculty and up-gradation of infrastructure towards the purchase of laptops for the batch of FYUP students.
Efforts to reach the VC for his response to the allegations were not successful.
DUTA also alleged that there has been an illegal diversion of funds over Rs 100 crore from the university's School of Open Learning (SOL).
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan