DUTA Accuses VC of Irregularities, to Seek Prez Intervention
Delhi University's Teachers Association today accused the Vice Chancellor of financial irregularities in certain projects implemented during his tenure and said they will seek President's intervention for a probe into it
"The VC has committed gross financial, administrative and academic regularities of over Rs 200 crore during his tenure. DUTA demands a comprehensive Visitorial inquiry against the VC, pending which, he should be made to go on leave," DUTA President Nandita Naraian alleged at a press conference here, citing replies of two RTIs filed by Academic Council members.
DUTA, an elected body of the university, today released a 'White Paper' on the alleged irregularities and violation of the Delhi University Act by the Vice Chancellor, Dinesh Singh.
"We will be submitting the white paper to the Visitor (President Pranab Mukherjee) and demand a probe into the irregularities," she said.
The paper questioned the VC's action related to OBC grants meant for expansion in teaching faculty and up-gradation of infrastructure towards the purchase of laptops for the batch of FYUP students.
Efforts to reach the VC for his response to the allegations were not successful.
DUTA also alleged that there has been an illegal diversion of funds over Rs 100 crore from the university's School of Open Learning (SOL).
- Yogeshwar's London Games Bronze Upgraded to Silver
- Trump Floats Conspiracy Theory of Huma's Terrorist Links
- Curfew Lifted From Pulwama, Situation in Kashmir Improving
- Three Hurt in Suicide Blast at China's Kyrgyzstan Embassy
- Bengal Assembly Passes Motion Against Centre's 'Discrimination'
- Small Group Holding Majority to Ransom: Parrikar on Kashmir
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- 'The Australian' to Take Down Published Scorpene Documents
- About 25 PAAS Members Detained Ahead of PM's Gujarat Visit
- Haji Ali Dargah Management Holds Deliberations Before Moving SC
- BJP Members Protest Over 'Derogatory' Remarks Against Modi
- Maharashtra: Man Held for Raping Minor Girl
- Djokovic Beats Scare, Nadal Eases at Revamped US Open
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED