DUTA Accuses VC of Irregularities, to Seek Prez Intervention
Delhi University's Teachers Association today accused the Vice Chancellor of financial irregularities in certain projects implemented during his tenure and said they will seek President's intervention for a probe into it
"The VC has committed gross financial, administrative and academic regularities of over Rs 200 crore during his tenure. DUTA demands a comprehensive Visitorial inquiry against the VC, pending which, he should be made to go on leave," DUTA President Nandita Naraian alleged at a press conference here, citing replies of two RTIs filed by Academic Council members.
DUTA, an elected body of the university, today released a 'White Paper' on the alleged irregularities and violation of the Delhi University Act by the Vice Chancellor, Dinesh Singh.
"We will be submitting the white paper to the Visitor (President Pranab Mukherjee) and demand a probe into the irregularities," she said.
The paper questioned the VC's action related to OBC grants meant for expansion in teaching faculty and up-gradation of infrastructure towards the purchase of laptops for the batch of FYUP students.
Efforts to reach the VC for his response to the allegations were not successful.
DUTA also alleged that there has been an illegal diversion of funds over Rs 100 crore from the university's School of Open Learning (SOL).
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10