DU Student Alleges Rape by Traffic Constable
A 21-year-old Delhi University student has accused a Delhi Traffic Police constable of raping her two months ago.
The constable, Giriraj Singh (23), has been detained for questioning.
Singh, a resident of Ghaziabad, was posted in Samai Pur Badli area since 2013 and had befriended the girl, who is pursuing graduation from the School of Open Learning in Delhi University, a police officer said.
The girl approached Samai Pur Badli police station in Outer Delhi yesterday and filed a complaint alleging that Singh had raped her about two months ago in a hotel in the same area on promise of marriage.
The girl also claimed that she did not report the matter for so long out of fear, the police officer said, quoting the victim's statement.
- Herald Case: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- WB: Two Die as Fire Breaks Out in Murshidabad Hospital
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Give Me One Chance: Mehbooba Appeals to Protesters
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Chhotepur Rejects Panel, Dares AAP to Make Bribe Video Public
- Woman Raped, Attacked With Acid in Kanpur
- Universities Should Be Bastions of Free Speech, Debate: Prez
- WB: Flood Situation Worsens in Malda, 2 Killed
- Malaysian Students Rally to Demand Prime Minister's Arrest
- Sharif Sends 22 Special Envoys to World Capitals to Highlight Kashmir Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED