DU Student Alleges Rape by Traffic Constable
A 21-year-old Delhi University student has accused a Delhi Traffic Police constable of raping her two months ago.
The constable, Giriraj Singh (23), has been detained for questioning.
Singh, a resident of Ghaziabad, was posted in Samai Pur Badli area since 2013 and had befriended the girl, who is pursuing graduation from the School of Open Learning in Delhi University, a police officer said.
The girl approached Samai Pur Badli police station in Outer Delhi yesterday and filed a complaint alleging that Singh had raped her about two months ago in a hotel in the same area on promise of marriage.
The girl also claimed that she did not report the matter for so long out of fear, the police officer said, quoting the victim's statement.
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED