Drunk Men Drive Over Pavement, Injure Five
In the third such incident within a fortnight, suspected drunk men ran over their car on five people sleeping on a pavement near Inderlok Metro Station in north Delhi in the wee hours today.
"The incident took place at around 1:15 A.M. When a car ran over some rickshaw-pullers and other homeless people who were sleeping on the pavement near Inderlok Metro station," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), Madhur Verma.
While four of the injured -- Tarun Sharma (25), Bashir Ahmed (62), Feroz (22) and Amirrullah Ansari (49) -- were taken to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital, the fifth person, Dilip Singh (35), was taken to Bhikshu hospital.
Of these, Sharma and Singh were discharged after first aid.
According to eyewitnesses, there were three people inside the car. The car jumped on to the pavement at a speed exceeding 100kmph, hit the cycle-rickshaws, and then turned turtle.
"There were three occupants in the car, who managed to flee soon after the incident. The car belongs to one Mohd Mohsin (23) and two of his friends were there along with him inside the vehicle. We will arrest them soon. A case under Section 279 and 308 has been registered at Sarai Rohilla police station," said Verma.
Police have recovered a crushed bottle of alcohol, salad and some packets of snacks from the car, which suggests that its occupants had been drinking.
On Wednesday, a 60-year-old rickshaw puller was killed and two others injured after being hit by a SUV near Shanti Van in central Delhi.
Before that, on the intervening night of August 17 and 18, another SUV ran over 13 people, killing one of them, in north Delhi's Kashmere Gate area.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman