Doors to Invest in Bengal Open: Trinamool MP
After Ratan Tata's remarks that there was no sign of industrialisation in West Bengal, Trinamool MP today said the doors to investing in the state are always open to anyone.
"Let me say this our doors are always open to anyone who wishes to invest in Bengal and be a part of the progress of the state," TMC state president Subrata Bakshi told PTI.
He said that if an industrialist is eager to invest in Bengal, they should engage in direct talks with the government. The state government has an open mind and is ready to talk to investors who come up with concrete investment proposals.
Without naming Tata, he said "Statements, fleeting observations and counter statements are not the way forward."
Trinamool Congress national general secretary and leader of its parliamentary party Mukul Roy said "In terms of national indices, if you compare the national GDP and state GSDP, one would get a clear picture that Bengal is on the fast track to progress."
Chairman emeritus of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata had recently said that while driving from the airport through Rajarhat in the city he had come across beautiful buildings but it looked like a countryside under development with no signs of industrialisation.
Tata's remarks were strongly countered by state industry minister Amit Mitra who had said he may be suffering from delusion.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10