Doors to Invest in Bengal Open: Trinamool MP
After Ratan Tata's remarks that there was no sign of industrialisation in West Bengal, Trinamool MP today said the doors to investing in the state are always open to anyone.
"Let me say this our doors are always open to anyone who wishes to invest in Bengal and be a part of the progress of the state," TMC state president Subrata Bakshi told PTI.
He said that if an industrialist is eager to invest in Bengal, they should engage in direct talks with the government. The state government has an open mind and is ready to talk to investors who come up with concrete investment proposals.
Without naming Tata, he said "Statements, fleeting observations and counter statements are not the way forward."
Trinamool Congress national general secretary and leader of its parliamentary party Mukul Roy said "In terms of national indices, if you compare the national GDP and state GSDP, one would get a clear picture that Bengal is on the fast track to progress."
Chairman emeritus of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata had recently said that while driving from the airport through Rajarhat in the city he had come across beautiful buildings but it looked like a countryside under development with no signs of industrialisation.
Tata's remarks were strongly countered by state industry minister Amit Mitra who had said he may be suffering from delusion.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village