Don't Support Black Marketing 'Per Se': Manjhi Clarifies
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi today clarified that he had never supported black marketing by small traders but merely said that those indulging in such activities out of ignorance must be treated sympathetically.
"I never backed black marketing by small traders per se, but merely said that those traders doing such activities out of ignorance should be treated sympathetically," he told reporters in the state legislature premises.
Manjhi said that he was otherwise of firm view that those traders indulging in black marketing and hoarding of goods must not be spared at all and dealt with firmly as per law.
Describing black marketing as a crime, the Chief Minister said that there was no question to give leniency to anyone indulging in such activities.
Asked that BJP leaders were seeking his resignation for his purported support to black marketeers and hoarders, he said that his adversaries had no other issue to raise and so they were making an issue out of his remark.
Manjhi had stirred a major controversy two days ago by making the alleged statement in the presence of the Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh at a function organised by the Bihar State Foodgrain Businessmen Association.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman