Don't Support Black Marketing 'Per Se': Manjhi Clarifies
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi today clarified that he had never supported black marketing by small traders but merely said that those indulging in such activities out of ignorance must be treated sympathetically.
"I never backed black marketing by small traders per se, but merely said that those traders doing such activities out of ignorance should be treated sympathetically," he told reporters in the state legislature premises.
Manjhi said that he was otherwise of firm view that those traders indulging in black marketing and hoarding of goods must not be spared at all and dealt with firmly as per law.
Describing black marketing as a crime, the Chief Minister said that there was no question to give leniency to anyone indulging in such activities.
Asked that BJP leaders were seeking his resignation for his purported support to black marketeers and hoarders, he said that his adversaries had no other issue to raise and so they were making an issue out of his remark.
Manjhi had stirred a major controversy two days ago by making the alleged statement in the presence of the Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh at a function organised by the Bihar State Foodgrain Businessmen Association.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10