Don't Solely Rely on 'Modi Wave': Gadkari to BJP Workers
Cautioning BJP workers against self complacency, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has asked them not to solely depend on the "Modi wave" for victory in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Maharashtra.
While stressing that the "Modi wave" in the country is a fact, Gadkari, however, asked the party activists to "go back to the people at grass root level" to win their confidence.
"Be confident of the Modi wave and leadership. But do not just dream of coming to power in the state elections relying only on this factor. Work at grass root level to win the voters' confidence," the Union Transport Minister told a party rally here last night.
The minister also refuted allegations of State Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar that the Centre had cleared Metro project for Nagpur ahead of Pune for "political gains" and said Pune too will get Metro clearance along with other cities.
"The Chief Minister did not follow up on the Metro project at the central government level. The state government and Pune municipal corporation did not complete requisite formalities in respect of the project," which apparently resulted in the delay, he claimed.
- Rahul Gandhi Should Stop Lying and Apologise: RSS
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Curfew in Several Areas of Kashmir Ahead of Planned March
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Bodo Students Body Protests Giving Land to Patanjali Yogpeeth
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- India Ranks 77th on World Risk Index
- No One Should Tell Women What to Wear: Khan on Burkini Ban
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- German Mayor Fires Muslim Intern for 'Wearing Headscarf'
- Subrata Roy Offers in SC to Pay Rs 300 Cr as Bank Gurantee
- Singapore Bids Farewell to Indian-Origin Ex-President Nathan
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED