Don't Solely Rely on 'Modi Wave': Gadkari to BJP Workers
Cautioning BJP workers against self complacency, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has asked them not to solely depend on the "Modi wave" for victory in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Maharashtra.
While stressing that the "Modi wave" in the country is a fact, Gadkari, however, asked the party activists to "go back to the people at grass root level" to win their confidence.
"Be confident of the Modi wave and leadership. But do not just dream of coming to power in the state elections relying only on this factor. Work at grass root level to win the voters' confidence," the Union Transport Minister told a party rally here last night.
The minister also refuted allegations of State Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar that the Centre had cleared Metro project for Nagpur ahead of Pune for "political gains" and said Pune too will get Metro clearance along with other cities.
"The Chief Minister did not follow up on the Metro project at the central government level. The state government and Pune municipal corporation did not complete requisite formalities in respect of the project," which apparently resulted in the delay, he claimed.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'