Don't Solely Rely on 'Modi Wave': Gadkari to BJP Workers
Cautioning BJP workers against self complacency, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has asked them not to solely depend on the "Modi wave" for victory in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Maharashtra.
While stressing that the "Modi wave" in the country is a fact, Gadkari, however, asked the party activists to "go back to the people at grass root level" to win their confidence.
"Be confident of the Modi wave and leadership. But do not just dream of coming to power in the state elections relying only on this factor. Work at grass root level to win the voters' confidence," the Union Transport Minister told a party rally here last night.
The minister also refuted allegations of State Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar that the Centre had cleared Metro project for Nagpur ahead of Pune for "political gains" and said Pune too will get Metro clearance along with other cities.
"The Chief Minister did not follow up on the Metro project at the central government level. The state government and Pune municipal corporation did not complete requisite formalities in respect of the project," which apparently resulted in the delay, he claimed.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan