Don't Solely Rely on 'Modi Wave': Gadkari to BJP Workers
Cautioning BJP workers against self complacency, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has asked them not to solely depend on the "Modi wave" for victory in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Maharashtra.
While stressing that the "Modi wave" in the country is a fact, Gadkari, however, asked the party activists to "go back to the people at grass root level" to win their confidence.
"Be confident of the Modi wave and leadership. But do not just dream of coming to power in the state elections relying only on this factor. Work at grass root level to win the voters' confidence," the Union Transport Minister told a party rally here last night.
The minister also refuted allegations of State Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar that the Centre had cleared Metro project for Nagpur ahead of Pune for "political gains" and said Pune too will get Metro clearance along with other cities.
"The Chief Minister did not follow up on the Metro project at the central government level. The state government and Pune municipal corporation did not complete requisite formalities in respect of the project," which apparently resulted in the delay, he claimed.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10