Doctors Pull Out Tooth From Man's Nose
In an unusual procedure, doctors have successfully pulled out a tooth - about half an inch long - growing in a young man's nose in Saudi Arabia.
After suffering from nosebleeds once or twice a month for three years, the 22-year-old man sought medical help.
Doctors found an ivory-white, bony mass, about half an inch (1 centimetre) long in the man's nose.
After consulting with dentist colleagues, the doctors concluded that the mass was an extra tooth that had somehow ended up growing in his nose.
The patient had a well-aligned and complete set of teeth in his mouth, according to a report of his case published in the American Journal of Case Reports.
The doctors pulled out the extra tooth after putting the man under general anesthesia, 'Live Science' reported.
The patient completely healed and had no more nosebleeds three months later.
Extra teeth are not that uncommon, and may even grow upside down, but they rarely grow all the way into the nasal cavity, said Dr John Hellstein, a dentist and professor of oral pathology at the University of Iowa, who wasn't involved in the case.
The patient in this case likely had a mesiodens, a common type of extra tooth, which is found around incisor teeth, Hellstein said.
"About a third of those actually develop upside down, and they can get rerouted upward, towards the nose," he said.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman