DMDK Hails PM's Independence Day Speech
BJP ally DMDK today welcomed the Independence Day speech by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying it reflected "deep insight and strong decision."
Party founder and Opposition Leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, said Modi's address was aimed at putting the country in the growth path and therefore it was a 'milestone.'
He particularly had words of praise for Modi's remarks that he would like to carry the opposition along, but rued that the situation was different in Tamil Nadu.
He alleged that opposition parties were not even allowed adequate time in the Assembly to talk even as a series of cases had been filed against many of them.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa should take a cue from Modi in involving the opposition parties, he said in a statement.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED