DLF Shares Down 4.5% Post SC-Imposed Penalty
Shares of real estate major DLF today fell by 4.5 per cent, after the company was directed by the Supreme Court to deposit Rs 630 crore fine slapped on it by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for allegedly resorting to unfair business practices.
Reacting to this, shares of DLF fell by 4.44 per cent to settle at Rs 183.05 on the BSE. In intra-day, it tumbled 5.32 per cent to Rs 181.35.
At the NSE, the stock slipped 4.49 per cent to end at Rs 183.05.
Following the dip in the stock, the company's market value fell by Rs 1,510.71 crore to Rs 32,615.29 crore.
In terms of volume, 15.05 lakh shares of the company changed hands at the BSE, while over one crore shares were traded at the NSE during the day.
The apex court said the total amount will be deposited within three months with its Registry pending the outcome of the appeal filed by DLF against May 19 order of Competition Appellate Tribunal's upholding the penalty of Rs 630 crore imposed by the CCI.
DLF pleaded that it should be granted at least six months time to deposit the amount. However, the bench comprising justices Ranjana Prakash Desai and N V Ramana said it was inclined to grant three months time only.
Further, the bench directed that out of Rs 630 crore, the real estate major has to deposit Rs 50 crore in three weeks and the Registry will be at liberty to invest it in any of the nationalised banks.
The CCI in 2011 had found DLF violating fair trade norms and imposed a fine of Rs 630 crore on it following a complaint by Belaire Owners' Association in Gurgaon.
It was in May 2010 that the buyer's association had complained against DLF.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia