Digvijay Slams Z Security for Riots Accused BJP MLA
Hitting out at the Union Home Ministry for providing Z category security to controversial BJP MLA Sangeet Som, an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots, Congress leader Digvijay Singh today said only such accused can get security under NDA Government.
"Sangeet Som is someone who is an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots. He has been felicitated by BJP on a stage; also another accused Sanjeev Baliyan is now Union Minister. Only such accused will get Z security under NDA Government," Singh told reporters here.
Based on intelligence inputs that Som, MLA from Sardhana in Western Uttar Pradesh, could be targeted by extremist elements, the Union Home Ministry decided to bring him under the security umbrella of the commandos of the central paramilitary force CRPF.
Referring to media reports on incidents of "love Jihad" in western Uttar Pradesh, Singh said communalisation of the incidents by BJP and Sangh activists and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad in particular had to be condemned.
"... The efforts which the BJP is making to adopt divisive politics... Needs to be condemned," he said.
On the outcome of Assemby by-polls, Singh said it had shown that "Modi wave" which people thought is all pervasive throughout the country stands exposed.
"The so called Modi wave which people thought is all pervasive throughout the country stands exposed, where BJP has not gained in any of the by-elections. In fact, it has lost seats it had held earlier," he said.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'