Digvijay Slams Z Security for Riots Accused BJP MLA
Hitting out at the Union Home Ministry for providing Z category security to controversial BJP MLA Sangeet Som, an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots, Congress leader Digvijay Singh today said only such accused can get security under NDA Government.
"Sangeet Som is someone who is an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots. He has been felicitated by BJP on a stage; also another accused Sanjeev Baliyan is now Union Minister. Only such accused will get Z security under NDA Government," Singh told reporters here.
Based on intelligence inputs that Som, MLA from Sardhana in Western Uttar Pradesh, could be targeted by extremist elements, the Union Home Ministry decided to bring him under the security umbrella of the commandos of the central paramilitary force CRPF.
Referring to media reports on incidents of "love Jihad" in western Uttar Pradesh, Singh said communalisation of the incidents by BJP and Sangh activists and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad in particular had to be condemned.
"... The efforts which the BJP is making to adopt divisive politics... Needs to be condemned," he said.
On the outcome of Assemby by-polls, Singh said it had shown that "Modi wave" which people thought is all pervasive throughout the country stands exposed.
"The so called Modi wave which people thought is all pervasive throughout the country stands exposed, where BJP has not gained in any of the by-elections. In fact, it has lost seats it had held earlier," he said.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10