Digvijay Slams Z Security for Riots Accused BJP MLA
Hitting out at the Union Home Ministry for providing Z category security to controversial BJP MLA Sangeet Som, an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots, Congress leader Digvijay Singh today said only such accused can get security under NDA Government.
"Sangeet Som is someone who is an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots. He has been felicitated by BJP on a stage; also another accused Sanjeev Baliyan is now Union Minister. Only such accused will get Z security under NDA Government," Singh told reporters here.
Based on intelligence inputs that Som, MLA from Sardhana in Western Uttar Pradesh, could be targeted by extremist elements, the Union Home Ministry decided to bring him under the security umbrella of the commandos of the central paramilitary force CRPF.
Referring to media reports on incidents of "love Jihad" in western Uttar Pradesh, Singh said communalisation of the incidents by BJP and Sangh activists and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad in particular had to be condemned.
"... The efforts which the BJP is making to adopt divisive politics... Needs to be condemned," he said.
On the outcome of Assemby by-polls, Singh said it had shown that "Modi wave" which people thought is all pervasive throughout the country stands exposed.
"The so called Modi wave which people thought is all pervasive throughout the country stands exposed, where BJP has not gained in any of the by-elections. In fact, it has lost seats it had held earlier," he said.
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Shami Takes Four on Comeback as West Indies Struggle at 120/5
- Root and Woakes Star as England Dominates Second Test Against Pakistan
- Clashes Rock Syria's Manbij as IS Ignores Ultimatum
- Orissa: Seven School Teachers Booked for Allegedly Sexually Harassing Girls
- President, PM Condole Raza's Death
- Orissa: Minor 'Assaulted' by BJD Men for Refusing to Donate Blood
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED