Dhoni's Security Downgraded to Y From Z Category
The security cover to Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been downgraded to Y from Z category by Jharkhand government, the state's top police officer said today.
The decision to reduce the security category of Dhoni was taken at a recent review meeting on security-related matters being provided to important personalities, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said here.
He said the decision was taken on the basis of intelligence information that the cricketer has no threat.
The DGP said Dhoni used to get nine police personnel as per Z category security and following downgrading of security to Y category he would be provided with seven police personnel.
But there should not be any concern for his security as whenever he returns home it would be more than the Z category, Kumar said.
He said Dhoni was given Z security some months ago following intelligence report of some threat but now there was no such threat so the review committee decided to downgrade his security to Y category.
Dhoni’s residence is situated at Harmu in Ranchi. Whenever he is in town, he goes to Deori temple, about 50 km from the state capital, with some pockets of the route being Naxal-hit.
He also loves riding motor-cycle alone when in town.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan