Dhoni's Security Downgraded to Y From Z Category
The security cover to Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been downgraded to Y from Z category by Jharkhand government, the state's top police officer said today.
The decision to reduce the security category of Dhoni was taken at a recent review meeting on security-related matters being provided to important personalities, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said here.
He said the decision was taken on the basis of intelligence information that the cricketer has no threat.
The DGP said Dhoni used to get nine police personnel as per Z category security and following downgrading of security to Y category he would be provided with seven police personnel.
But there should not be any concern for his security as whenever he returns home it would be more than the Z category, Kumar said.
He said Dhoni was given Z security some months ago following intelligence report of some threat but now there was no such threat so the review committee decided to downgrade his security to Y category.
Dhoni’s residence is situated at Harmu in Ranchi. Whenever he is in town, he goes to Deori temple, about 50 km from the state capital, with some pockets of the route being Naxal-hit.
He also loves riding motor-cycle alone when in town.
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10