Dethroned Myanmar Beauty Queen Takes Off With Crown
The first Myanmar national to win an international pageant has been stripped of her title for being rude and dishonest, and has allegedly run off with the expensive crown and breast implants.
Her picture was blacked out on the organisation's website and replaced with the word "dethroned"
Myanmar, which only recently emerged from a half-century of military rule, started participating in international beauty pageants again in 2012.
Two years later, May Myat Noe was crowned Miss Asia Pacific World.
David Kim, director of media for the Seoul-based pageant, said today the 18-year-old was informed of the decision to retract the title earlier this week.
He says she has since absconded with the USD 100,000 bejeweled tiara and USD 10,000 breast implants, paid for by the pageant's sponsors.
FROM OUTLOOKLifestyleCosmetic contacts in every hue--pale green or misty grey--become the rage among Indian youth...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBView From BritainLondon Swings London is one city where the weird amore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESIndia-born fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander, cmore from WIRES>>>
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Lok Sabha Approves Amendment to Lokpal Act for Deferring Asset Filing
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- India-US Deal to Procure Four Poseidon-8I Aircraft
- No Intimation to Lodha Panel on Meeting, SGM Shifted to Delhi
- Former Maharashtra MLA Somnath Wani Dead
- Fresh Rebellion in BSP, Two MLAs Allege Money-for-Ticket Demand
- Stop Exporting Terror to J&K, India Tells Pakistan
- Eight-Year-Old Boy Sexually Assaulted, Murdered by Two in Tamil Nadu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED