Dethroned Myanmar Beauty Queen Takes Off With Crown
The first Myanmar national to win an international pageant has been stripped of her title for being rude and dishonest, and has allegedly run off with the expensive crown and breast implants.
Her picture was blacked out on the organisation's website and replaced with the word "dethroned"
Myanmar, which only recently emerged from a half-century of military rule, started participating in international beauty pageants again in 2012.
Two years later, May Myat Noe was crowned Miss Asia Pacific World.
David Kim, director of media for the Seoul-based pageant, said today the 18-year-old was informed of the decision to retract the title earlier this week.
He says she has since absconded with the USD 100,000 bejeweled tiara and USD 10,000 breast implants, paid for by the pageant's sponsors.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10