Dethroned Myanmar Beauty Queen Takes Off With Crown
The first Myanmar national to win an international pageant has been stripped of her title for being rude and dishonest, and has allegedly run off with the expensive crown and breast implants.
Her picture was blacked out on the organisation's website and replaced with the word "dethroned"
Myanmar, which only recently emerged from a half-century of military rule, started participating in international beauty pageants again in 2012.
Two years later, May Myat Noe was crowned Miss Asia Pacific World.
David Kim, director of media for the Seoul-based pageant, said today the 18-year-old was informed of the decision to retract the title earlier this week.
He says she has since absconded with the USD 100,000 bejeweled tiara and USD 10,000 breast implants, paid for by the pageant's sponsors.
FROM OUTLOOKLifestyleCosmetic contacts in every hue--pale green or misty grey--become the rage among Indian youth...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBView From BritainLondon Swings London is one city where the weird amore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESIndia-born fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander, cmore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED