Deputy NSA Nehchal Sandhu Resigns
Deputy National Security Advisor Nehchal Sandhu, a former Intelligence Bureau chief, today tendered his resignation citing "personal reasons".
The resignation has been accepted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with "regret", a PMO statement said here today.
Sandhu, a 1973 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre, was appointed by the UPA government as OSD to the National Security Council as OSD to the National Security Council on December 17, 2012 at the age of 61.
Sandhu, who joined as Deputy NSA on March 21 last year, was to have a fixed tenure of three years -- till December next year.
"Deputy National Security Advisor and Secretary, National Security Council Secretariat, resigned from his position with effect from July 31, 2014 for personal reasons," the statement said.
The Prime Minister accepted his resignation with "regret" and expressed appreciation for Sandhu's "outstanding service" to the country in a career spanning over 40 years - as a police officer, Director of Intelligence Bureau and Deputy National Security Advisor.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Watch: Delhi College Guard Brutally Beats Street Dog To Death, Case Registered After Video Goes Viral
- Modi Promised 'Acche Din' Like SRK In DDLJ, Ended Up Being Sholay's Gabbar, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan Senate Passes Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- Bangladesh Bans Irrfan Khan Starrer Biopic No Bed of Roses