Deputy NSA Nehchal Sandhu Resigns
Deputy National Security Advisor Nehchal Sandhu, a former Intelligence Bureau chief, today tendered his resignation citing "personal reasons".
The resignation has been accepted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with "regret", a PMO statement said here today.
Sandhu, a 1973 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre, was appointed by the UPA government as OSD to the National Security Council as OSD to the National Security Council on December 17, 2012 at the age of 61.
Sandhu, who joined as Deputy NSA on March 21 last year, was to have a fixed tenure of three years -- till December next year.
"Deputy National Security Advisor and Secretary, National Security Council Secretariat, resigned from his position with effect from July 31, 2014 for personal reasons," the statement said.
The Prime Minister accepted his resignation with "regret" and expressed appreciation for Sandhu's "outstanding service" to the country in a career spanning over 40 years - as a police officer, Director of Intelligence Bureau and Deputy National Security Advisor.
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED