'Depressed' Man Surrenders After Killing Daughters
Depressed over marital discord, a 53-year-old man killed his two adult daughters, one of them mentally challenged, and later surrendered, police said here today.
Bharat Leuva, a resident of Samrathnagar, served 'khichdi' laced with sleeping pills to his daughters Bhumika (24) and Falguni (19) and later strangled them, police said.
After learning about the incident, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) of 'G' division J N Parmar visited the spot.
"Out of depression and frequent quarrels with his wife Madhu, Leuva admitted to have killed both his daughters by strangulating them yesterday afternoon. In the night, he came to local police station and narrated the entire episode. We have arrested him on the charges of murder," said Parmar.
Leuva, who works as a peon at BSNL office in Shahibaug area, said his wife used to have frequent verbal fights over domestic issues since the last many years.
"Leuva claimed he was being neglected by his wife and other family members. Thus, he was in depression and worried about the future of his daughters. He feared his wife will not take care of his daughters so he decided to kill them," police said.
Police investigation revealed Falguni was mentally challenged, while Bhumika was studying in 11th standard.
On Sunday afternoon, when his wife had gone to her parents' place, Leuva brought 'khichdi' from a nearby temple and mixed it with crushed powder of 20 sleeping pills before serving it to Bhumika and Falguni, said Parmar.
"After consuming the food, both sisters went into deep sleep. Leuva then strangled them one by one with a rope," said Parmar, who is heading probe into the matter.
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED