'Depressed' Man Surrenders After Killing Daughters
Depressed over marital discord, a 53-year-old man killed his two adult daughters, one of them mentally challenged, and later surrendered, police said here today.
Bharat Leuva, a resident of Samrathnagar, served 'khichdi' laced with sleeping pills to his daughters Bhumika (24) and Falguni (19) and later strangled them, police said.
After learning about the incident, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) of 'G' division J N Parmar visited the spot.
"Out of depression and frequent quarrels with his wife Madhu, Leuva admitted to have killed both his daughters by strangulating them yesterday afternoon. In the night, he came to local police station and narrated the entire episode. We have arrested him on the charges of murder," said Parmar.
Leuva, who works as a peon at BSNL office in Shahibaug area, said his wife used to have frequent verbal fights over domestic issues since the last many years.
"Leuva claimed he was being neglected by his wife and other family members. Thus, he was in depression and worried about the future of his daughters. He feared his wife will not take care of his daughters so he decided to kill them," police said.
Police investigation revealed Falguni was mentally challenged, while Bhumika was studying in 11th standard.
On Sunday afternoon, when his wife had gone to her parents' place, Leuva brought 'khichdi' from a nearby temple and mixed it with crushed powder of 20 sleeping pills before serving it to Bhumika and Falguni, said Parmar.
"After consuming the food, both sisters went into deep sleep. Leuva then strangled them one by one with a rope," said Parmar, who is heading probe into the matter.
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED