'Depressed' Man Surrenders After Killing Daughters
Depressed over marital discord, a 53-year-old man killed his two adult daughters, one of them mentally challenged, and later surrendered, police said here today.
Bharat Leuva, a resident of Samrathnagar, served 'khichdi' laced with sleeping pills to his daughters Bhumika (24) and Falguni (19) and later strangled them, police said.
After learning about the incident, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) of 'G' division J N Parmar visited the spot.
"Out of depression and frequent quarrels with his wife Madhu, Leuva admitted to have killed both his daughters by strangulating them yesterday afternoon. In the night, he came to local police station and narrated the entire episode. We have arrested him on the charges of murder," said Parmar.
Leuva, who works as a peon at BSNL office in Shahibaug area, said his wife used to have frequent verbal fights over domestic issues since the last many years.
"Leuva claimed he was being neglected by his wife and other family members. Thus, he was in depression and worried about the future of his daughters. He feared his wife will not take care of his daughters so he decided to kill them," police said.
Police investigation revealed Falguni was mentally challenged, while Bhumika was studying in 11th standard.
On Sunday afternoon, when his wife had gone to her parents' place, Leuva brought 'khichdi' from a nearby temple and mixed it with crushed powder of 20 sleeping pills before serving it to Bhumika and Falguni, said Parmar.
"After consuming the food, both sisters went into deep sleep. Leuva then strangled them one by one with a rope," said Parmar, who is heading probe into the matter.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman