Delhi: Two Manipuri Women Allegedly Harassed by Landlord
Two young Manipuri women were allegedly harassed and abused by the 42-year-old landlord of one of the two in South Delhi's Mohammadpur area here this evening, police said.
The accused, identified as Mahender Tokas alias Pappu, was arrested by the police after it registered a case under various sections of the IPC and the SC/ST Act at R K Puram police station on the victims' complaint.
Police got a call around 6:15 PM by one of the women who alleged that they were molested by the landlord, who barged into their room. A police team quickly rushed to the spot and the two Manipuri women and the landlord was brought to the police station.
According to one of the woman -- who was Pappu's tenant, the other woman was her friend who had come to meet her.
"When the victim's friend was headed toward her room, Pappu questioned her and then followed her into the room where she got into an argument with his tenant. He questioned her over alleged misuse of water and her friend's visit. He abused them and passed some derogatory remarks," said a senior police official, quoting the victims' complaints.
They have also alleged that Pappu was drunk when he misbehaved with them and they made a PCR call as they were frightened, he said.
"In their statement, the duo have said that Pappu had threatened them and made remarks on their caste and origin. However, they have not alleged that they were physically touched. The complainants are students and do some part time work as well," the official added.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10