Delhi: Two Manipuri Women Allegedly Harassed by Landlord
Two young Manipuri women were allegedly harassed and abused by the 42-year-old landlord of one of the two in South Delhi's Mohammadpur area here this evening, police said.
The accused, identified as Mahender Tokas alias Pappu, was arrested by the police after it registered a case under various sections of the IPC and the SC/ST Act at R K Puram police station on the victims' complaint.
Police got a call around 6:15 PM by one of the women who alleged that they were molested by the landlord, who barged into their room. A police team quickly rushed to the spot and the two Manipuri women and the landlord was brought to the police station.
According to one of the woman -- who was Pappu's tenant, the other woman was her friend who had come to meet her.
"When the victim's friend was headed toward her room, Pappu questioned her and then followed her into the room where she got into an argument with his tenant. He questioned her over alleged misuse of water and her friend's visit. He abused them and passed some derogatory remarks," said a senior police official, quoting the victims' complaints.
They have also alleged that Pappu was drunk when he misbehaved with them and they made a PCR call as they were frightened, he said.
"In their statement, the duo have said that Pappu had threatened them and made remarks on their caste and origin. However, they have not alleged that they were physically touched. The complainants are students and do some part time work as well," the official added.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events