Delhi Temperature Touches 47.8 C, Highest in 62 Years
Temperature in the Capital touched 45.1 degree Celsius today while it was 47.8 degree C in and around Palam airport making it the hottest day in 62 years giving no respite to people reeling under a blistering heat wave.
Adding to the woes of heat-ravaged Delhiites, frequent power cuts across the city aggravated the situation and made life miserable.
The Indian Metrological Department (IMD) said there is no relief likely from the heat wave tomorrow and similar weather conditions will continue.
"Instead, the maximum temperature will continue to hover around 45 degree Celsius on Monday as well," the IMD official said, adding, "there will be mainly clear sky".
The maximum temperature of 45.1 degree C in the capital was five degree above normal and it was the hottest in five years. Yesterday, the mercury touched 44.9 degree C.
The minimum temperature stood at 28.6 degree C, a notch above the season's average. On Monday, minimum temperature will hover around 30 degree C, the IMD said.
Similar situation prevailed in Palam where the maximum temperature was 47.8 degrees Celsius, the highest since 1952, the IMD department said. The minimum was 30.8 degree C.
Temperature in the national capital breached the 45 degrees Celsius mark on June 6, making it the hottest day of the season.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10