Delhi Temperature Touches 47.8 C, Highest in 62 Years
Temperature in the Capital touched 45.1 degree Celsius today while it was 47.8 degree C in and around Palam airport making it the hottest day in 62 years giving no respite to people reeling under a blistering heat wave.
Adding to the woes of heat-ravaged Delhiites, frequent power cuts across the city aggravated the situation and made life miserable.
The Indian Metrological Department (IMD) said there is no relief likely from the heat wave tomorrow and similar weather conditions will continue.
"Instead, the maximum temperature will continue to hover around 45 degree Celsius on Monday as well," the IMD official said, adding, "there will be mainly clear sky".
The maximum temperature of 45.1 degree C in the capital was five degree above normal and it was the hottest in five years. Yesterday, the mercury touched 44.9 degree C.
The minimum temperature stood at 28.6 degree C, a notch above the season's average. On Monday, minimum temperature will hover around 30 degree C, the IMD said.
Similar situation prevailed in Palam where the maximum temperature was 47.8 degrees Celsius, the highest since 1952, the IMD department said. The minimum was 30.8 degree C.
Temperature in the national capital breached the 45 degrees Celsius mark on June 6, making it the hottest day of the season.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- PM Modi Unveils 112 Feet Shiva Statue In Coimbatore
- Crime Branch Begins Probe On ABVP AISA Clash At Ramjas College
- 'Do We Belong Here?' Asks Wife Of Indian Techie Who Was Shot Dead In US
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman