Delhi: SUV With Allegedly Drunk Driver Rams Into Three
In the fourth such case within a fortnight in the national capital, a man who was allegedly drunk at the wheel of an SUV hit three persons this evening in south-east Delhi's Jaitpur area.
The driver of the vehicle was caught by locals who gave him a beating before handing him over to police. He has tested positive for alcohol intoxication in the medical test.
"The incident took place on Jaitpur Pushta Road when the driver of the Mahindra Xylo lost control and rammed his vehicle into a roadside food stall.
"The owner of the food stall, a cyclist and a rickshaw- puller were injured in the mishap," police said.
The injured were rushed to AIIMS for treatment where their condition is said to be stable.
The driver of the vehicle has been booked under various sections of IPC, police said.
Earlier, in another alleged incident of driving under the influence, a man in a Hyundai Verna last night crashed his car into a 'radio taxi' in the Jhandewalan area, police said today.
One Prabhu Kumar (23), who was driving the Hyundai Verna, has been arrested following the incident, which was caught on CCTV cameras installed near the Hanuman temple premises there.
"At around 11:30 P.M. Last night, the driver of the radio taxi – a Toyota Etios – had parked his car near the Jhandewalan footpath to seek directions.
"Suddenly, the speeding Verna came from behind and crashed into the rear of the car. The impact sent the taxi crashing into the railings of Hanuman temple," police said.
The drivers, both of whom sustained minor injuries, were examined for alcohol intoxication and Kumar tested positive.
"Liquor bottles were also found inside his (Kumar's) vehicle," police added.
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- Akhilesh Should Prove His Majority in Assembly or Resign: BJP
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'