Delhi: SUV With Allegedly Drunk Driver Rams Into Three
In the fourth such case within a fortnight in the national capital, a man who was allegedly drunk at the wheel of an SUV hit three persons this evening in south-east Delhi's Jaitpur area.
The driver of the vehicle was caught by locals who gave him a beating before handing him over to police. He has tested positive for alcohol intoxication in the medical test.
"The incident took place on Jaitpur Pushta Road when the driver of the Mahindra Xylo lost control and rammed his vehicle into a roadside food stall.
"The owner of the food stall, a cyclist and a rickshaw- puller were injured in the mishap," police said.
The injured were rushed to AIIMS for treatment where their condition is said to be stable.
The driver of the vehicle has been booked under various sections of IPC, police said.
Earlier, in another alleged incident of driving under the influence, a man in a Hyundai Verna last night crashed his car into a 'radio taxi' in the Jhandewalan area, police said today.
One Prabhu Kumar (23), who was driving the Hyundai Verna, has been arrested following the incident, which was caught on CCTV cameras installed near the Hanuman temple premises there.
"At around 11:30 P.M. Last night, the driver of the radio taxi – a Toyota Etios – had parked his car near the Jhandewalan footpath to seek directions.
"Suddenly, the speeding Verna came from behind and crashed into the rear of the car. The impact sent the taxi crashing into the railings of Hanuman temple," police said.
The drivers, both of whom sustained minor injuries, were examined for alcohol intoxication and Kumar tested positive.
"Liquor bottles were also found inside his (Kumar's) vehicle," police added.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman