Delhi Shoppers More E-Commerce Savvy: Survey
Shoppers in Delhi are more e-commerce savvy compared to peers in other metros including Mumbai, Bangalore and Ahmedabad, according to a survey.
As per the Assocham survey, Delhiites recorded 67 per cent rise in online trends over the regular shopping than last year -- the highest compared to all other cities in India. Delhi is followed by Mumbai (60 per cent), Ahmedabad (52 per cent) and Bangalore (50 per cent) in their preference for online shopping.
Interestingly, the survey found that most respondents are working and shopping at the same time between 12 pm and 4 pm on a working day.
"More than half the sales of web-stores come on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and dips on weekends, when buyers head to brick-and-mortar stores in malls instead. Nearly 55 per cent respondents said they ordered around lunch time and during office closing hours," the survey pointed out.
The survey covered around 3,500 shoppers in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Lucknow, Ahemdabad, Kolkata, Dehradun among other cities were interviewed.
Better deals than in brick and mortar shopping outlets, advantage of free shipping and faster transactions are among the reasons that have boosted the lure of onlien shopping.
"The challenges of worsening automotive traffic, rising fuel prices and the increased difficulty of time management in modern families have made going to the mall a planned activity which nobody has as much time for anymore," Assocham Secretary General D S Rawat said.
The survey further highlighted that in India roughly 20-25 per cent of total online sales are being generated by mobile devices and tablets, an increase as compared to 10-15 per cent than the last year.
According to the industry chamber, India's e-commerce market was worth about USD 2.5 billion in 2009, it went up to USD 6.3 billion in 2011, USD 16 billion in 2013 and is expected to touch whopping USD 56 billion by 2023.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman