Delhi Shoppers More E-Commerce Savvy: Survey
Shoppers in Delhi are more e-commerce savvy compared to peers in other metros including Mumbai, Bangalore and Ahmedabad, according to a survey.
As per the Assocham survey, Delhiites recorded 67 per cent rise in online trends over the regular shopping than last year -- the highest compared to all other cities in India. Delhi is followed by Mumbai (60 per cent), Ahmedabad (52 per cent) and Bangalore (50 per cent) in their preference for online shopping.
Interestingly, the survey found that most respondents are working and shopping at the same time between 12 pm and 4 pm on a working day.
"More than half the sales of web-stores come on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and dips on weekends, when buyers head to brick-and-mortar stores in malls instead. Nearly 55 per cent respondents said they ordered around lunch time and during office closing hours," the survey pointed out.
The survey covered around 3,500 shoppers in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Lucknow, Ahemdabad, Kolkata, Dehradun among other cities were interviewed.
Better deals than in brick and mortar shopping outlets, advantage of free shipping and faster transactions are among the reasons that have boosted the lure of onlien shopping.
"The challenges of worsening automotive traffic, rising fuel prices and the increased difficulty of time management in modern families have made going to the mall a planned activity which nobody has as much time for anymore," Assocham Secretary General D S Rawat said.
The survey further highlighted that in India roughly 20-25 per cent of total online sales are being generated by mobile devices and tablets, an increase as compared to 10-15 per cent than the last year.
According to the industry chamber, India's e-commerce market was worth about USD 2.5 billion in 2009, it went up to USD 6.3 billion in 2011, USD 16 billion in 2013 and is expected to touch whopping USD 56 billion by 2023.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10