Delhi Police Reaches Out to Schoolkids With I-Day Exercise
Around 700 schoolchildren were invited by Delhi Police to visit police stations in north Delhi on Independence Day as part of an exercise to promote a positive and people-friendly image of the force and also to familiarise them with its functioning.
The children were given a tour of the police stations and shown the different types of weapons used by the personnel. They were given sweets and a paper-made tricolour was presented to each of them.
Senior officials answered queries posed by the children who showed great curiosity about the weapons being used by the force.
The children were drawn from different government schools in the areas under the various police stations and were students ranging from kindergarten to class VIII.
"The visits were organised at 13 police stations of north district. The number of children ranged from 15 to 100 and invitations for the tour depended on the space available at the premises. A total of 690 schoolchildren participated in the activity," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Madhur Verma.
The children were briefed about the role of police in society and in maintaining law and order, he said.
At Maurice Nagar police station, 25 children also participated in a painting competition on the theme of 'Freedom and Independence'.
"Every child is gifted. Sometimes a child can ask questions which even a wise man can't answer. Bringing children to police stations for national festivals does not only leave a smile on their faces but also brings rejuvenation to the otherwise monotonous life of a policeman," said Verma.
Also, to mark Independence Day, beat staff of 12 police stations visited the residences of every senior citizen registered with police and presented them with a small paper tricolour.
The Kashmere Gate police station invited senior citizens who were offered sweets and given a miniature national flag.
- Government Says 'No' To India-Pakistan Cricket Series
- CISE Declares Class 12 Results, Topper Gets 99.5%
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10