Delhi Police Bus Hits Motorist
One person was injured when a Delhi Police bus breached the central verge of a road and hit him on the opposite carriageway in central Delhi's Daryaganj area this evening.
The errant driver, identified as Assistant Sub-Inspector Anil Kumar, has been arrested.
Eyewitnesses claimed that the driver of the bus was drunk, but his medical report was awaited.
The incident took place at around 3:30 P.M. When the bus, carrying around 20 policemen, was being driven towards Indira Gandhi Stadium for duty at a sports event.
"Kumar suddenly lost control and the bus hit the central verge and then jumped on to the opposite carriageway.
The injured person, identified as one Sandeep, was on a scooter and headed to New Delhi Railway Station when the incident occurred. He is now undergoing treatment at the LNJP hospital, police said.
A case under Sections 279 and 338 was registered at Daryaganj police station. Further investigations are underway, police said.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10