Delhi Police Bus Hits Motorist
One person was injured when a Delhi Police bus breached the central verge of a road and hit him on the opposite carriageway in central Delhi's Daryaganj area this evening.
The errant driver, identified as Assistant Sub-Inspector Anil Kumar, has been arrested.
Eyewitnesses claimed that the driver of the bus was drunk, but his medical report was awaited.
The incident took place at around 3:30 P.M. When the bus, carrying around 20 policemen, was being driven towards Indira Gandhi Stadium for duty at a sports event.
"Kumar suddenly lost control and the bus hit the central verge and then jumped on to the opposite carriageway.
The injured person, identified as one Sandeep, was on a scooter and headed to New Delhi Railway Station when the incident occurred. He is now undergoing treatment at the LNJP hospital, police said.
A case under Sections 279 and 338 was registered at Daryaganj police station. Further investigations are underway, police said.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED