Delhi Police Bus Hits Motorist
One person was injured when a Delhi Police bus breached the central verge of a road and hit him on the opposite carriageway in central Delhi's Daryaganj area this evening.
The errant driver, identified as Assistant Sub-Inspector Anil Kumar, has been arrested.
Eyewitnesses claimed that the driver of the bus was drunk, but his medical report was awaited.
The incident took place at around 3:30 P.M. When the bus, carrying around 20 policemen, was being driven towards Indira Gandhi Stadium for duty at a sports event.
"Kumar suddenly lost control and the bus hit the central verge and then jumped on to the opposite carriageway.
The injured person, identified as one Sandeep, was on a scooter and headed to New Delhi Railway Station when the incident occurred. He is now undergoing treatment at the LNJP hospital, police said.
A case under Sections 279 and 338 was registered at Daryaganj police station. Further investigations are underway, police said.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman