Delhi Police Bus Hits Motorist
One person was injured when a Delhi Police bus breached the central verge of a road and hit him on the opposite carriageway in central Delhi's Daryaganj area this evening.
The errant driver, identified as Assistant Sub-Inspector Anil Kumar, has been arrested.
Eyewitnesses claimed that the driver of the bus was drunk, but his medical report was awaited.
The incident took place at around 3:30 P.M. When the bus, carrying around 20 policemen, was being driven towards Indira Gandhi Stadium for duty at a sports event.
"Kumar suddenly lost control and the bus hit the central verge and then jumped on to the opposite carriageway.
The injured person, identified as one Sandeep, was on a scooter and headed to New Delhi Railway Station when the incident occurred. He is now undergoing treatment at the LNJP hospital, police said.
A case under Sections 279 and 338 was registered at Daryaganj police station. Further investigations are underway, police said.
- Magnitude 6.1 Quake Rattles Rome, Central Italy
- One Dead, Dozens Wounded in Thai Deep South Car Bomb: Police
- N Korea Test Fires Sub-Launched Missile
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Washington State Declares Emergency Due to Wildfires
- Sensex Regains 28K Level, Up 118 Pts in Early Trade
- Deepika on Forbes' List of World's Highest Paid Actresses
- Rupee Down 9 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
- Delhi CM, Home Min to Attend Mother Teresa's Sainthood Ceremony in Vatican
- UP: Vehicle Carrying 'Beef' Set on Fire
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED