Delhi: Over 1,250 Inmates Granted Special Remission
Over 1,250 inmates lodged in Tihar and Rohini jails here were granted remission of sentence on the occasion of 68th Independence Day.
The convicts, whose sentences have been reduced, include those who have served less than a year to more than ten years.
Exercising his powers under Delhi jail manual, newly appointed Director General of Delhi Prisons Alok Verma granted special remissions ranging from 15 days to three months to prisoners as reward for their good behaviour.
"DG, Delhi Prisons had announced the remissions on August 15. Over 1,250 convicts have been awarded remittance this time, which ranges from a 15 day relief to a maximum of three months," sources in Tihar Jail told PTI.
"Various factors are kept in mind before granting convicts such remissions and the most important of them is that the conduct of the inmate is good," the sources said.
Inmates who have served less than a year and maintained good conduct have been granted a remittance of around 15 days, while those who have served a sentence for a period of between one year to three years have been awarded one month remittance, they added.
The longest remittance awarded is up to a period of three months to those who have served sentence of more than 10 years with a record of good conduct.
Although the remittances were announced on August 15, the implementation of the orders were made recently.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10