Delhi Metro Records Highest Ridership of 27 L Commuters
Over 27 lakh commuters travelled in the Delhi Metro on Monday, the highest till date.
According to DMRC Executive Director (Corporate Communications) Anuj Dayal, the highest footfall of passengers was recorded between Dwarka sector 21 to Noida City Centre or Vaishali (Line 3/4) with 10,23,245 commuters using the services.
As many as 9,62,428 commuters used the services to travel between Jahangirpuri to HUDA City Centre (Line 2) and 3,82,188 passengers travelled from Dilshad Garden to Rithala (Line 1).
On the new extention of Line 6, upto Mandi House, the passenger footfall has increased on the Central Secretariat via Mandi House to Badarpur line. About 2,18,734 ridership was recorded on this line.
Between Inderlok/Kirti Nagar and Mundka (Line 5) as many as 99,357 commuters travelled yesterday.
The number of passengers using metro network upto Rapid Metro's network and vice versa is 19,855.
The total ridership on August 4 was 27,05,807 lakhs.
"In order to handle and prepare for the increased ridership in the Delhi Metro, DMRC has taken a slew of measures, like additional 136 coaches have been added since last year to covert four coach trains into six coach trains and similarly, six coach trains into eight coach trains on different lines," Dayal said.
The maximum number of eight coach trains are plying on line 2, 3&4 and 6 coach trains on Line 1.
An average speed of trains has also been increased from 33 kmph to 36 kmph.
During peak hour, the headways between trains in Line 2 has improved from 2 minutes 38 seconds to 2 minutes 18 seconds and in Line 3/4 improved from 2 minutes 45 seconds to 2 minutes 36 seconds.
200 additional Automatic Fare Collection Gates have also been installed at various stations.
Delhi Metro's network is among the fastest growing networks in the world. It has extended to 190 kms of operational network since it started its operations in 2002 and is carrying quarter a million of passengers every day.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Terrorists Attack Near Pakistan Court, Casualties Feared
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- Sensex Climbs Up 65 Points in Early Trade
- Swear by 'Ganga Maiyya' on Power Supply Issue: Akhilesh to PM
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- Publisher Cancels Right-Wing Provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos' Book Dangerous
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village