Delhi Cong Says Regularization of Colonies As Per Guidelines
Reacting to CAG report on alleged irregularities in development works in 895 unauthorized colonies, Congress today said these colonies were regularized as per the guidelines of Ministry of Urban Development and slammed the BJP and AAP for raking up this issue.
"All 895 colonies were regularized as per the MoUD's guidelines and Congress feels proud of regularising them for the welfare of lakhs of people living in these colonies. No irregularities were adopted while developing these colonies," DPCC chief Arvinder Singh told reporters here.
CAG said in its recent report that Delhi Government failed to provide basic services like sewer lines, water lines, roads and drainage in all 895 unauthorised colonies despite spending a fund of around Rs 3029 crore.
"There were around 1518 unauthorized colonies and if a fund of Rs 3,000 crore is divided, each colony got around Rs 2 crore, which was insufficient fund to fully provide roads, water lines and sewer lines to these colonies.
"We want to clarify that the decision of laying sewer lines in such colonies were taken after 2013. BJP and AAP are just doing politics on this issue," Singh said.
The DPCC chief also said that if Congress comes to power once again, they would regularize remaining unauthorized colonies as they did with 895 colonies.
"If we did something wrong, why BJP, which is in power, not order a probe in the matter. Since Congress has come out of the power, no new tender has been floated for the development work in these colonies," he added.
Another Congress leader Haroon Yusuf said, "Why was the BJP silent on the CAG report on Gujarat, which had pointed out irregularities to the tune of Rs 27,600 crore. Kejriwal was also silent on the CAG report on Gujarat."
Meanwhile, DPCC chief Mukesh Sharma alleged that he had come to know from reliable sources that 15 MLAs of the Aam Aadmi Party, through the medium of an industrialist, were trying to work out some deals to help the BJP form a Government in Delhi, and Kejriwal was aware of this deal.
"Of these MLAs, three are from west Delhi and Kejriwal is aware of such things," the DPCC chief spokesperson claimed.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan