'Dead' AAP Activist Caught Alive in Bangalore
Aam Aadmi Party member and RTI activist Chandra Mohan Sharma, who was found 'burnt to death' in his car in Greater Noida three months ago, has been caught alive.
An NDTV report dated May 2 says that the police had filed a case of murder.
He is suspected to have staged his own death. The police had sent teams to Karnataka as well as Nepal to search for the 38-year-old Sharma after reports he had been spotted in Nepal.
The activist’s wife, Savita Sharma, said the police had unofficially confirmed the tip-off was true and that she too believed that Sharma had faked his death.
According to reports in the media, Savita Sharma said, "There was a young woman in our locality who was in touch with my husband. She used to contact him on his private number, which was known to only a few people. After a month of his death she also went missing."
The police are also looking into the identity of the burnt body in the car, which now obviously cannot be Sharma. It had been sent for DNA testing but the police don't have the reports yet.
Initially the police had said that Sharma was burnt to death inside his Chevrolet Aveo which had caught fire, but AAP had demanded an independent probe into Sharma's death.
At that time, Sharma's family too had claimed that he had been killed by the land mafia since he was active in fighting illegal encroachments. They had also lodged an FIR to look into the same.
FROM OUTLOOKright to informationIt's a long fight against corruption at the panchayat level, and awareness is the key...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBREPORTAGEThe Press Council of India (PCI) has taken cognizamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESTransparency for citizens, accountability and partmore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED