'Dead' AAP Activist Caught Alive in Bangalore
Aam Aadmi Party member and RTI activist Chandra Mohan Sharma, who was found 'burnt to death' in his car in Greater Noida three months ago, has been caught alive.
An NDTV report dated May 2 says that the police had filed a case of murder.
He is suspected to have staged his own death. The police had sent teams to Karnataka as well as Nepal to search for the 38-year-old Sharma after reports he had been spotted in Nepal.
The activist’s wife, Savita Sharma, said the police had unofficially confirmed the tip-off was true and that she too believed that Sharma had faked his death.
According to reports in the media, Savita Sharma said, "There was a young woman in our locality who was in touch with my husband. She used to contact him on his private number, which was known to only a few people. After a month of his death she also went missing."
The police are also looking into the identity of the burnt body in the car, which now obviously cannot be Sharma. It had been sent for DNA testing but the police don't have the reports yet.
Initially the police had said that Sharma was burnt to death inside his Chevrolet Aveo which had caught fire, but AAP had demanded an independent probe into Sharma's death.
At that time, Sharma's family too had claimed that he had been killed by the land mafia since he was active in fighting illegal encroachments. They had also lodged an FIR to look into the same.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan