CWG: Parliament Lauds Sterling Performance of Indian Sportspersons
Parliament today lauded Indian sportspersons for their "sterling" performance at the just-concluded Commonwealth Games at Glasgow where the contingent won 64 medals, including 15 gold.
"I am sure the sterling performance of the Indian contingent would be a source of encouragement and motivation to all our budding sportsmen to take up sports and bring glory to the country in future," Speaker Sumitra Mahajan said amid thumping of desks in Lok Sabha.
On behalf of the House, she congratulated the Indian sportspersons "who have won medals for our country as well as those who participated in the Games in the true spirit of sportsmanship and camaraderie."
Mahajan said the Indian contingent has "done the nation proud" by bagging 15 gold, 30 silver and 19 bronze medals.
In Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari congratulated the Indian sports contingent saying their achievement has made India proud.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED