Curfew in Violence Hit Golaghat Relaxed for Two More Hours
Curfew in Assam's violence-hit Golaghat district was relaxed for further two hours till 8 PM today with no fresh incident reported so far, a district administration spokesman said.
The prohibitory order imposed on April 20 was relaxed by the district administration for 14 hours from 6 AM while it was 12 hours yesterday.
Night curfew from 8 PM to 6 AM will, however, continue to be in force, the spokesman said.
No untoward incident was reported so far and the situation was "under control", he said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi yesterday announced that the state government would entrust the case to the CBI for a thorough probe into the recent happenings along the Assam-Nagaland border in the wake of kidnapping of two youths allegedly by Naga miscreants on June 26 and its aftermath.
Gogoi also said the state government would provide adequate compensation and rehabilitate the people displaced by the recent violence along the border claiming nine lives.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman