Curfew in Violence Hit Golaghat Relaxed for Two More Hours
Curfew in Assam's violence-hit Golaghat district was relaxed for further two hours till 8 PM today with no fresh incident reported so far, a district administration spokesman said.
The prohibitory order imposed on April 20 was relaxed by the district administration for 14 hours from 6 AM while it was 12 hours yesterday.
Night curfew from 8 PM to 6 AM will, however, continue to be in force, the spokesman said.
No untoward incident was reported so far and the situation was "under control", he said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi yesterday announced that the state government would entrust the case to the CBI for a thorough probe into the recent happenings along the Assam-Nagaland border in the wake of kidnapping of two youths allegedly by Naga miscreants on June 26 and its aftermath.
Gogoi also said the state government would provide adequate compensation and rehabilitate the people displaced by the recent violence along the border claiming nine lives.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10