Curfew in Violence Hit Golaghat Relaxed for Two More Hours
Curfew in Assam's violence-hit Golaghat district was relaxed for further two hours till 8 PM today with no fresh incident reported so far, a district administration spokesman said.
The prohibitory order imposed on April 20 was relaxed by the district administration for 14 hours from 6 AM while it was 12 hours yesterday.
Night curfew from 8 PM to 6 AM will, however, continue to be in force, the spokesman said.
No untoward incident was reported so far and the situation was "under control", he said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi yesterday announced that the state government would entrust the case to the CBI for a thorough probe into the recent happenings along the Assam-Nagaland border in the wake of kidnapping of two youths allegedly by Naga miscreants on June 26 and its aftermath.
Gogoi also said the state government would provide adequate compensation and rehabilitate the people displaced by the recent violence along the border claiming nine lives.
FROM OUTLOOKbritain: riotsCriminality? Elitism? Erosion of authority? Britain really shouldn’t have been shocked....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportageSocial media made him a big star in Kashmir and inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESAt least 14 persons, including a photo journalist,more from WIRES>>>
- Gurgaon Traffic Situation Eases, Prohibitory Orders Lifted
- Curfew Remains in Force in Some Parts of Kashmir Valley
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Save the Children-Supported Syria Maternity Hospital Bombed
- USA: 7.7-Magnitude Quake Off Northern Marianas, No Tsunami Alert
- Paris Attacks: French Authorities File Terror Charges Against Two
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Rape Case Filed Against Uttarakhand BJP Leader
- Court Sends Pakistani LeT Operative to NIA Custody Till Aug 11
- Police Arrest Two Suspected of Plotting Attack in Belgium
- Chhattisgarh: COBRA Jawan Killed in Gun-Battle With Naxals
- Bihar: Dalit Woman Allegedly Beaten Up, Forced to Drink Urine
- Dozens March in Dallas Against Police Violence Toward African-Americans
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED