Curfew in Saharanpur to Be Relaxed for Five Hours
Curfew in the communal violence-hit Saharanpur will be relaxed for five hours, a senior district official said here today.
Curfew will be eased from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM in the new city, Saharanpur District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari said, adding that it will be from 2 PM to 7 PM in the old city area.
Yesterday, the curfew was relaxed for four hours and the relaxation period passed off peacefully.
She further said that if the situation remains calm then the curfew might be relaxed from 7 AM to 5 PM on Thursday.
Curfew was clamped on Saturday in the wake of clashes between two communities over a land dispute in which three persons were killed and 34 injured. 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence, Tiwari said.
FROM OUTLOOKSena-RSS RowGirish Karnad, the well-known playwright, who triggered another round of debate on Bal Thackeray through his inaugural lecture...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportage“Kabristan bbhejenge ya Pakistan bhejenge (Wmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESVarun Gandhi, a BJP candidate in the Lok Sabha emore from WIRES>>>
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED