Curfew in Saharanpur to Be Relaxed for Five Hours
Curfew in the communal violence-hit Saharanpur will be relaxed for five hours, a senior district official said here today.
Curfew will be eased from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM in the new city, Saharanpur District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari said, adding that it will be from 2 PM to 7 PM in the old city area.
Yesterday, the curfew was relaxed for four hours and the relaxation period passed off peacefully.
She further said that if the situation remains calm then the curfew might be relaxed from 7 AM to 5 PM on Thursday.
Curfew was clamped on Saturday in the wake of clashes between two communities over a land dispute in which three persons were killed and 34 injured. 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence, Tiwari said.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10