Curfew in Saharanpur to Be Relaxed for Five Hours
Curfew in the communal violence-hit Saharanpur will be relaxed for five hours, a senior district official said here today.
Curfew will be eased from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM in the new city, Saharanpur District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari said, adding that it will be from 2 PM to 7 PM in the old city area.
Yesterday, the curfew was relaxed for four hours and the relaxation period passed off peacefully.
She further said that if the situation remains calm then the curfew might be relaxed from 7 AM to 5 PM on Thursday.
Curfew was clamped on Saturday in the wake of clashes between two communities over a land dispute in which three persons were killed and 34 injured. 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence, Tiwari said.
FROM OUTLOOKSena-RSS RowGirish Karnad, the well-known playwright, who triggered another round of debate on Bal Thackeray through his inaugural lecture...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionIt's all about Goenkarponn Goenkarponn (Goanness)more from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESVarun Gandhi, a BJP candidate in the Lok Sabha emore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED