CSE to Seek More Time to Meet SEBI Norms for Trading Platform
The Calcutta Stock Exchange, one of the country's oldest bourses, will seek more time to meet capital market watchdog SEBI's guidelines regarding the operation of bourse's trading platform C-Star.
Due to clearing corporation hurdle, C-Star, the CSE's own platform, remained non-functional since April 2013.
The CSE had sought an extension of nine months for implementing SEBI's guidelines for regional stock exchanges which ended in May 2014. Sources told PTI that SEBI had called a meeting to discuss the extension sought by the exchange.
The CSE had also informed SEBI that it was undergoing consolidation and took over five other regional exchanges. Besides, it was going through the process of sale of land asset.
The CSE had already appointed a consultant to sell a real estate asset to raise Rs 250-300 crore to be ploughed back for running of the exchange. SEBI had approved sale of land for specific use of the proceeds for running of the exchange on May 26.
Based on SEBI approval, the CSE took shareholders' nod at a EGM on June 20 to go ahead with the sale of land that may be utilised to buy a stake in a clearing corporation, a major hurdle for the local bourse to stay operational as an independent exchange.
In effect, CSE was unable to meet the turnover criteria of Rs 1,000 crore minimum trading in a year.
It may be noted that SEBI set up new norms for operation of regional stock exchanges. They need to own a trading platform with an annual trading of not less than Rs 1,000 crore.
This apart, the net worth of the exchange should not be less than Rs 100 crore, which the CSE has fulfilled.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED