'Criticism Over Dancing With Lady Cop Based on Gender Distinction'
Reacting to criticism over dancing with a lady constable in Kolkata, superstar Shah Rukh Khan has denied the reports and said some people are raking it up not since a police personnel in uniform danced but because it was a woman who shook a leg with him.
The 48-year-old actor had last week lifted a lady constable wearing the Kolkata Police uniform during a dance performance at a function of the force in the presence of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, other ministers and state government officials.
Later, some politicians criticised the police woman for dancing in uniform alongside Shah Rukh at the event.
West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury had alleged that Banerjee had 'insulted' the Constitution by allowing a Kolkata Police lady constable wearing the Force's uniform to dance with Khan at the function.
"It is strange, some years back when I was shooting for 'Veer Zaara', I had danced and had fun with the jawans who were in uniform... I had entertained them. In 60s-70s, actors and performers used to go on border and dance and perform for them (jawans) just to encourage as those were the times of war," Shah Rukh said at an event here last night.
"And in Mumbai also I have done it. I feel it is strange... I don't think it is about uniform, but just because it is a lady in uniform one should talk like this. So, it is a distinction being made between men and women which I think is completely rubbish and silly. I think it should not be talked about also," he said.
The actor was talking at the trailer launch of an upcoming film Ekkees Toppon Ki Salami.
While the host tried to stop Shah Rukh from answering the controversial question, the 48-year-old superstar chose to reply to it saying, "Let me answer it, tomorrow also there is press conference and they (media) will ask me again about it."
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- LS Passes Bill to Check Benami Transactions
- Tribunal Nixed Karnataka Petition to Divert Mahadayi Water: Goa CM
- Woman Alleges Gang Rape by Two in Nallasopara
- No Indian Writer in Booker Prize 2016 Longlist
- AgustaWestland Bribery Scam: CBI Returns From Italy
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan Moves Sessions Court for Bail
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED