'Criticism Over Dancing With Lady Cop Based on Gender Distinction'
Reacting to criticism over dancing with a lady constable in Kolkata, superstar Shah Rukh Khan has denied the reports and said some people are raking it up not since a police personnel in uniform danced but because it was a woman who shook a leg with him.
The 48-year-old actor had last week lifted a lady constable wearing the Kolkata Police uniform during a dance performance at a function of the force in the presence of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, other ministers and state government officials.
Later, some politicians criticised the police woman for dancing in uniform alongside Shah Rukh at the event.
West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury had alleged that Banerjee had 'insulted' the Constitution by allowing a Kolkata Police lady constable wearing the Force's uniform to dance with Khan at the function.
"It is strange, some years back when I was shooting for 'Veer Zaara', I had danced and had fun with the jawans who were in uniform... I had entertained them. In 60s-70s, actors and performers used to go on border and dance and perform for them (jawans) just to encourage as those were the times of war," Shah Rukh said at an event here last night.
"And in Mumbai also I have done it. I feel it is strange... I don't think it is about uniform, but just because it is a lady in uniform one should talk like this. So, it is a distinction being made between men and women which I think is completely rubbish and silly. I think it should not be talked about also," he said.
The actor was talking at the trailer launch of an upcoming film Ekkees Toppon Ki Salami.
While the host tried to stop Shah Rukh from answering the controversial question, the 48-year-old superstar chose to reply to it saying, "Let me answer it, tomorrow also there is press conference and they (media) will ask me again about it."
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman