'Criticism Over Dancing With Lady Cop Based on Gender Distinction'
Reacting to criticism over dancing with a lady constable in Kolkata, superstar Shah Rukh Khan has denied the reports and said some people are raking it up not since a police personnel in uniform danced but because it was a woman who shook a leg with him.
The 48-year-old actor had last week lifted a lady constable wearing the Kolkata Police uniform during a dance performance at a function of the force in the presence of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, other ministers and state government officials.
Later, some politicians criticised the police woman for dancing in uniform alongside Shah Rukh at the event.
West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury had alleged that Banerjee had 'insulted' the Constitution by allowing a Kolkata Police lady constable wearing the Force's uniform to dance with Khan at the function.
"It is strange, some years back when I was shooting for 'Veer Zaara', I had danced and had fun with the jawans who were in uniform... I had entertained them. In 60s-70s, actors and performers used to go on border and dance and perform for them (jawans) just to encourage as those were the times of war," Shah Rukh said at an event here last night.
"And in Mumbai also I have done it. I feel it is strange... I don't think it is about uniform, but just because it is a lady in uniform one should talk like this. So, it is a distinction being made between men and women which I think is completely rubbish and silly. I think it should not be talked about also," he said.
The actor was talking at the trailer launch of an upcoming film Ekkees Toppon Ki Salami.
While the host tried to stop Shah Rukh from answering the controversial question, the 48-year-old superstar chose to reply to it saying, "Let me answer it, tomorrow also there is press conference and they (media) will ask me again about it."
- MHA Lodges FIR in Ishrat Jahan Missing Files Case
- Controversy Shrouds Akhilesh Yadav's Sept 26 Ministry Expansion
- Only Through Peace and Harmony Can Problems Be Resolved: PM
- Now, Uber, Ola Start Taxi Services for Govt Officers
- J&K: Curfew Imposed in Kishtwar Town
- Police Capture Gunman in US Mall Shooting That Killed Five
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Sons, Brothers And The Samajwadi
- What Power Hath a Mosquito? Let Delhi Tell You
- Let Your Kids Cuddle Modi To Sleep
- Shooting in Baltimore, Eight People Injured
- China: 12 Killed, Over 30 Injured in Bus-Truck Collision
- Bangladesh to Erect Barbed Wire Fence on Indo-Bangla Border
- Long War Has Been Forced on India by Pakistan: Amit Shah
- Doctors Divided Over Debate on Chikungunya Deaths in Delhi
- Fresh Petition in SC Against Grant of Bail to Shahabuddin
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED