Cricketer Javed Miandad Supports Imran Khan's Protest
Imran Khan and Javed Miandad may not have been the best of friends during their playing days but the man famous for his last-ball six has come out in support of the cricketer-turned-politician who is leading anti-government protests to topple Pakistan's government.
Even as the political crisis in the country deepens, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Khan's former teammate and cricket legend Miandad announced his support for the ongoing protest here.
"Imran Khan is a man of great integrity. No one can challenge his honesty and his clear intentions. He has an impeccable record and I fully support him in his endeavor to enlighten and change Pakistan," Miandad was quoted as saying by Dawn News.
He insisted that Khan's endeavours are aimed at changing the system and he remains to be a hope for the citizens of the country. Khan and Miandad found it difficult to gel within the team and with each other during their playing days with rumours of rifts always doing the rounds.
Miandad, known for his last-ball six against India in Sharjah in 1986, lifted the lid on his relationship with Khan in a book in 2003. Miandad asserted he and Imran had "always got along fine" apart from a keen professional rivalry.
However, he also claimed Khan played a leading role behind the scenes in bringing about his downfall as team captain in 1992.
Khan wants the PML-N government's ouster over alleged rigging in last year's poll which his party lost, while Qadri wants to bring a revolution in the country. Both the leaders are agitating since August 14.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10