Cricketer Javed Miandad Supports Imran Khan's Protest
Imran Khan and Javed Miandad may not have been the best of friends during their playing days but the man famous for his last-ball six has come out in support of the cricketer-turned-politician who is leading anti-government protests to topple Pakistan's government.
Even as the political crisis in the country deepens, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Khan's former teammate and cricket legend Miandad announced his support for the ongoing protest here.
"Imran Khan is a man of great integrity. No one can challenge his honesty and his clear intentions. He has an impeccable record and I fully support him in his endeavor to enlighten and change Pakistan," Miandad was quoted as saying by Dawn News.
He insisted that Khan's endeavours are aimed at changing the system and he remains to be a hope for the citizens of the country. Khan and Miandad found it difficult to gel within the team and with each other during their playing days with rumours of rifts always doing the rounds.
Miandad, known for his last-ball six against India in Sharjah in 1986, lifted the lid on his relationship with Khan in a book in 2003. Miandad asserted he and Imran had "always got along fine" apart from a keen professional rivalry.
However, he also claimed Khan played a leading role behind the scenes in bringing about his downfall as team captain in 1992.
Khan wants the PML-N government's ouster over alleged rigging in last year's poll which his party lost, while Qadri wants to bring a revolution in the country. Both the leaders are agitating since August 14.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman