Court Asks Aamir to Reply to PIL Filed Against Him
A civil court has asked Bollywood actor Aamir Khan to file a reply to a civil suit filed against him seeking a ban on the poster and release of film "PK", where he is seen in the buff standing on railway tracks with a radio.
The direction was given by Civil Judge M S Sharma who yesterday asked Khan to file a reply by August 25.
The Judge also asked the plaintiff's lawyer R N Kachave to satisfy the court whether a case of obscenity and vulgarity was made out against the actor who allegedly posed nude.
The suit, filed by activist Hemant Patil, prayed for a permanent injunction from the court from releasing the film all over India with a ban on publicity and advertisement of the nude picture of Aamir Khan until such time the objectionable scenes are removed.
The defendants are Censor Board office bearers, actor Aamir Khan, film's producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra and director Rajkumar Hirani.
According to the suit, the nude poster which has been circulated all over is vulgar and obscene and has the tendency to corrupt the minds of the people. This poster is being shown in newspapers and television and also on internet since last one month, the plaintiff claimed.
The plaintiff said that Aamir is a good actor and a host of popular TV show 'Satyamev Jayate'. He has a good and clean image in the eyes of public. However, by appearing nude in this poster for the sake of publicity, the actor had done a "shameful" act and hence he should withdraw such obscene images immediately.
The Supreme court had recently dismissed a Public Interest Litigation which sought a ban on the exhibition of posters in which a semi-naked Aamir stands on rail tracks for promoting the film 'PK'.
The apex court was of the view, "If you don't like then don't watch the film but don't bring religious facets in it," adding that, "these are matters of art and entertainment and let them remain so."
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10