Could Have Done 'Mary Kom' Even for Free: Priyanka
Actress Priyanka Chopra says she approaches every film like it is her Mughal-e-Azam and she would have done Mary Kom for free.
The actress will essay the life story of Olympic medal- winning boxer in the film, produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
"Each film I do is like a Mughal-e-Azam for me. For me every film of mine is special. So as of now this film Mary Kom is Mughal-E-Azam to me. I can't speak about my own performance, it's for others to decide," Priyanka told reporters here last night when asked if her performance in the film was better than Barfi!.
"For me work is worship, I don't compare it with money. I do lot of hard work (for my films). If I get money, great, otherwise I will do a film like this only (free)," she said.
Kom, who had come with her husband K Onler Kom, was the special guest at the music launch.
Priyanka feels there is similarity between her and Kom's life.
"Mary's life is extremely inspiring. We have similarity like not the diamond and boxing ring, but in terms of our upbringing and where we come from and the fact that we two women stood alone in a male-dominated field," she said.
"She as a person is feisty, someone who stands for her rights and fights for what she believes in and that is not just an inspiration for me, but will be for every young person," she said.
Priyanka says she was quite stressed when the Olympic medal winner boxer was watching the film.
"I was shooting in Turkey for Zoya Akhtar's film. I knew Omung Kumar (director) would call me after Mary would see the film and I had to talk to her. My biggest stress was as this film was based on Mary, I should be able to do justice to her personality. And if she would not like anything then it would be a big failure for me," Priyanka said.
The film's director, Omung Kumar, said Mary appreciated the movie.
Mary Kom is set to release on September 5.
The actress agrees that there is a disparity in remuneration for heroes and heroines.
"But the day heroine-centric films do well, there will be no disparity," she said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10