Congress MLA Slaps Municipal Engineer, Protests Erupt
A municipal engineer was today allegedly slapped by a Congress MLA, who was infuriated after foundation stone for construction of a road was laid by a Mayor and the officials did not wait for him, leading to protests by locals.
Congress legislator from Barwala constituency, Ram Niwas Ghorela, was to lay the foundation stone for the construction of a cemented street, but when after a long wait he did not turn up, Mayor of the Nigam, Shakuntla Rajliwala laid the foundation stone.
Ghorela reached the site very late and found that the foundation laying function was over.
According to people witness to the incident, the MLA lost his temper and slapped municipal engineer Brijesh Kumar. He was also allegedly dragged by the personal staff of the legislator.
The incident sparked angry protest from locals, who burnt effigy of the MLA. The engineer lodged a complaint with the police and Deputy Commissioner, Hisar.
However, the MLA denied misbehaving or slapping the engineer.
The civic staff has expressed resentment over the alleged misconduct of the MLA and has lodged protest with Deputy Commissioner.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10