Cong Urges Revival of Relief to Uttarakhand Victims
State Congress today asked the Raje-led BJP government to revive the relief package including the jobs offered on compassionate ground to next of the kin of the 511 victims from the state in last year's floods in Uttarakhand.
Last year, the former Congress government had announced a relief package including jobs to the kin of the 511 victims on compassionate ground, but late last month the Raje government stopped the job provision, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee Spokesperson, Archna here said.
The BJP government should "tender an apology" to the victims' families and revive the relief package specially of jobs because in democracy there should not be any adverse decision on political and revengeful way by an elected government, she said.
BJP government's Disaster and Calamity Relief Department had issued an order on August 28 stopping provision of compassionate jobs, she said in a statement.
When contacted, Principal Secretary of Disaster and Calamity Management K L Meena, told PTI that the government issued the order stopping the providing of "anukampa naukri" (jobs on compassionate ground) as it did not exist in other states.
The district collectors were directed on this new order and asked to comply with it, Meena said.
Former Gehlot government had announced the relief package on July 29 last year after the Uttarakhand tragedy in which 511 people were missing from parts of Rajasthan, he said.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia