Cong Slams BJP-Led Haryana Govt Over IPS Officer's Transfer
Congress today came down hard on Haryana government over the transfer of IPS officer Sangeet Kalia following a spat with state Health Minister Anil Vij during a meeting, saying the action reflected the "anti-women mindset" of the BJP-led dispensation.
Condemning the action, Congress spokesperson Shobha Oza said the BJP government proclaims from the rooftops about 'beti badhao, beti padhao' seeking to empower the girl child, but acts against a girl from an ordinary family who has come up in life against all odds.
"The action shows the anti-women mindset of the BJP government in Haryana. Instead of punishing the minister, the officer has been shunted out," she told reporters here.
Claiming that this was not the first such action by the Haryana government, Oza said it had also proceeded against a woman Chief Medical Officer (CMO) following a complaint by another minister.
The Congress leader demanded Kalia to be brought back to her original position and the Chief Minister to "punish" the minister after going into the matter.
The minister had on Thursday stormed out of a meeting of the District Grievances and Public Relations Committee after Kalia, SP of Fatehabad district, refused to follow his order to leave the venue following heated exchanges between them. The video of their spat went viral on social media.
- Has 'Bihar Ki Beti' Nominated Only To Lose?: Nitish Kumar
- ISRO's PSLV-C38, With 31 Satellites, Blasts Off From Sriharikota
- At Least 25 Killed, Over 100 Injured In Pakistan Blasts
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Army Rejects Rifles Made in India for 2nd Year in A Row Citing Poor Quality
- Opposition Picks Meira Kumar As Its Presidential Candidate
- ‘Giant Head’ Baby Roona Begum Of Tripura Passes Away Days Before Her Surgery
- JNU Students' Union President, Two Others Suspended From Varsity Panels For 'Misconduct'