Cong Scales Up Attack on Modi's I-Day Speech
Congress today scaled up the attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Independence Day address alleging there has not been one word about weaker sections or minorities.
The party also dismissed as "half-baked idea" the plans of the Prime Minister to do away with the Planning Commission.
Party General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed told reporters that Modi, who had blown hot and cold over ceasefire violations in Jammu and Kashmir while he was in the opposition, has "remained silent" on the issue even as the violations continue.
He said similar was the case with Chinese incursions as the Prime Minister is now mum on the issue.
Ahmed said the Prime Minister has not said a word in his speech on the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, extremely backward castes, OBCs and minorities.
He charged this has been done on the instructions of RSS.
Ahmed said reports in a section of a media that the Prime Minister spoke extempore were a "ruse" to project that the Prime Minister forgot to mention something if a controversy arises in the future about exclusion of any matter from his speech.
Dubbing it as a "disappointing" address, the Congress spokesperson wondered over the Prime Minister call's for a moratorium on caste and communal conflict for ten years.
On the plans to do away with the Planning Commission, he said no alternative has been suggested by the Prime Minister.
Ahmed said Modi's address had nothing new. "No new ideas, schemes and initiatives were announced by the Prime Minister," he alleged.
Ridiculing the Prime Minister over the issue of communalism, Ahmed said Modi should remember that the politics of BJP is "based on communalism".
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10