Cong Notice to Brar Over Remarks Against Sonia, Rahul
Congress today issued a show cause notice to its senior leader from Punjab Jagmeet Singh Brar who has created a flutter by asking Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to take a break in the wake of the party's worst-ever debacle in Lok Sabha polls.
The action was taken against Brar, a former CWC member, by Punjab PCC Chief Pratap Singh Bajwa following a direction from AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed.
The notice was issued a day after Brar remarked there was "no harm" if Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi take a two-year break in the wake of the poll debacle.
Brar, a former MP from Punjab, had also said that all general secretaries of AICC should have resigned by now after the worst drubbing of Congress and the party mantle be handed over to a new set of leaders.
Taking a serious note of the "irresponsible and highly undesirable utterances" of Brar, Bajwa issued the notice to him seeking an explanation for his conduct by August 5.
In Delhi, Ahmed said he has asked Bajwa to seek an explanation from Brar and after the response, the party would proceed further.
Ahmed felt the outburst of Brar could be the result of his losing elections one after another as he may be feeling disheartened.
"Brar is asking the leadership to take a break after defeat in one election, then what he should do after losing a lot of elections?" Ahmed said taking a dig at the former MP.
Congress's Deputy Leader in the Lok Sabha and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh also criticised Brar for his remarks.
"He has no right to advise the Congress president. It is the Congress president to decide what to do," Amarinder Singh told reporters in Patiala.
FROM OUTLOOKCongressAs the elections approach, expectations are high in the Congress that the Gandhi bahu will give a call...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBThe Dalit march from Ahmedabad to Una seeking justmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 23 (pti) Mohan Prakash, former genmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED