Cong Leader Decries Move to Scrap Planning Commission
Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee President V M Sudheeran today flayed the Narendra Modi Government's move to scrap Planning Commission and bring in an alternative body in its place.
In a statement here, Sudheeran said abolishing the Planning Commission would upset the time-tested planning and development model touching all sectors and would harm the federal structure of the country as envisaged by the Constitution.
"This is a move to extend Gujarat model of development to the entire country, whose focus is to allow the corporates to grow at the cost of the marginalised sections," the Congress leader said.
This would also sound the death knell of the widely recognised Nehruvian model of development followed by the country for over six decades, he said.
Before announcing such a crucial decision that would have far-reaching consequences, the Union Government should have consulted all major political parties or discussed the issue in Parliament, he added.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10