Cong Hits Out at BJP for Failing to Secure Women
Hitting out at the BJP-led Central government, Delhi Congress today said that it has totally failed to protect the safety and security of women.
"The Union Home Ministry, headed by Rajnath Singh, has failed to prevent crime against women, as attacks on women have been on the rise, including rape incidents," said Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Arvinder Singh while addressing a seminar organized by the Mahila Vikas Manch on the topic "Balatkar ko rokne me samaj ki bhoomika".
Arvinder Singh said that before the Parliamentary elections, the BJP had put up huge hoardings ensuring the protection of women, but the BJP-led Central government was now working against its own promises.
"The number of rape cases has been on the rise now, and the government has not taken any firm steps to prevent crime against women. Even helpline started to help out women have been shut down, and the administration's promise to prevent crime against women has proved to be hollow," Singh alleged.
Social activist and advocate Abha Choudhary, who presided over the function, said that now the time had come for women to strongly fight for their safety and security.
"Some political outfits talk about the protection of women only during election time, and after that they forget all about women's safety," she said warning that if crime against women did not stop, another revolution will take birth.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10