Cong Hits Out at BJP for Failing to Secure Women
Hitting out at the BJP-led Central government, Delhi Congress today said that it has totally failed to protect the safety and security of women.
"The Union Home Ministry, headed by Rajnath Singh, has failed to prevent crime against women, as attacks on women have been on the rise, including rape incidents," said Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Arvinder Singh while addressing a seminar organized by the Mahila Vikas Manch on the topic "Balatkar ko rokne me samaj ki bhoomika".
Arvinder Singh said that before the Parliamentary elections, the BJP had put up huge hoardings ensuring the protection of women, but the BJP-led Central government was now working against its own promises.
"The number of rape cases has been on the rise now, and the government has not taken any firm steps to prevent crime against women. Even helpline started to help out women have been shut down, and the administration's promise to prevent crime against women has proved to be hollow," Singh alleged.
Social activist and advocate Abha Choudhary, who presided over the function, said that now the time had come for women to strongly fight for their safety and security.
"Some political outfits talk about the protection of women only during election time, and after that they forget all about women's safety," she said warning that if crime against women did not stop, another revolution will take birth.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan