Cong Hits Out at BJP for Failing to Secure Women
Hitting out at the BJP-led Central government, Delhi Congress today said that it has totally failed to protect the safety and security of women.
"The Union Home Ministry, headed by Rajnath Singh, has failed to prevent crime against women, as attacks on women have been on the rise, including rape incidents," said Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Arvinder Singh while addressing a seminar organized by the Mahila Vikas Manch on the topic "Balatkar ko rokne me samaj ki bhoomika".
Arvinder Singh said that before the Parliamentary elections, the BJP had put up huge hoardings ensuring the protection of women, but the BJP-led Central government was now working against its own promises.
"The number of rape cases has been on the rise now, and the government has not taken any firm steps to prevent crime against women. Even helpline started to help out women have been shut down, and the administration's promise to prevent crime against women has proved to be hollow," Singh alleged.
Social activist and advocate Abha Choudhary, who presided over the function, said that now the time had come for women to strongly fight for their safety and security.
"Some political outfits talk about the protection of women only during election time, and after that they forget all about women's safety," she said warning that if crime against women did not stop, another revolution will take birth.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'