Cong Asking CMs to Stay Away From PM's Events Improper: Rajnath
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today appealed to Congress to reconsider its decision asking party Chief Ministers to stay away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi's functions.
"I want to appeal to Congress to reconsider the decision. This is not proper," he told reporters here when asked to comment on Congress' decision.
Congress took the decision after its chief ministers, including B S Hooda of Haryana, were booed at rallies with the Prime Minister's functions recently.
Singh said the Prime Minister himself had appealed to the public to remain calm in the functions but Congress still took the decision.
"Our Prime Minister believes in healthy democracy and believes that everyone should get the opportunity to speak in public function," he said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan boycotted the bhoomi-pujan of Metro Rail project in Nagpur done by Prime Minister Modi, and Hooda and Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren were heckled at functions attended by Modi.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'