Cong Asking CMs to Stay Away From PM's Events Improper: Rajnath
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today appealed to Congress to reconsider its decision asking party Chief Ministers to stay away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi's functions.
"I want to appeal to Congress to reconsider the decision. This is not proper," he told reporters here when asked to comment on Congress' decision.
Congress took the decision after its chief ministers, including B S Hooda of Haryana, were booed at rallies with the Prime Minister's functions recently.
Singh said the Prime Minister himself had appealed to the public to remain calm in the functions but Congress still took the decision.
"Our Prime Minister believes in healthy democracy and believes that everyone should get the opportunity to speak in public function," he said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan boycotted the bhoomi-pujan of Metro Rail project in Nagpur done by Prime Minister Modi, and Hooda and Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren were heckled at functions attended by Modi.
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Shami Takes Four on Comeback as West Indies Struggle at 120/5
- Root and Woakes Star as England Dominates Second Test Against Pakistan
- Clashes Rock Syria's Manbij as IS Ignores Ultimatum
- Orissa: Seven School Teachers Booked for Allegedly Sexually Harassing Girls
- President, PM Condole Raza's Death
- Orissa: Minor 'Assaulted' by BJD Men for Refusing to Donate Blood
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED