Cong, AAP Slams Yeddy's Inclusion in Amit Shah's Team
Congress and Aam Aadmi Pary today criticized the inclusion of former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in BJP's new team of office-bearers wondering over Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ways of combating corruption.
"It is Modi's unique style of functioning to fight corruption with corrupt people," Congress general secretary Shakeel Ahmed said.
He said Modi had, when in opposition, targeted Congress over the issue of corruption and now Yeddyurappa, who faced charges of corruption, has been made party vice president.
Asked about dropping of Varun Gandhi from the team, Ahmed said it was BJP's internal matter.
Aam Aadmi Party alleged the inclusion of the former Karnataka chief minister in Shah's team was a clear indication that BJP has "completely compromised with corruption and criminalisation of politics".
"The appointment of those facing charges of corruption as BJP office-bearers cannot be termed as the party's internal matter since these office-bearers would be taking part in important deliberations like all-party meetings on these issues.
"It would be an insult to democracy if leaders facing such charges were to represent their party at meetings called by constitutional bodies like the Election Commission on suggesting ways to debar criminals and those facing charges for having committed offences punishable with more than two years imprisonment," the party said in a statement.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10