Complaint Filed Against Mallika Sherawat Over 'Obscene' Poster
A complaint was filed in a local court today seeking to book a case against Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat for disrespecting the national flag through its objectionable portrayal in a poster of her upcoming film Dirty Politics.
The complaint also requested the court to book a similar case under relevant sections against the producer of the film, K C Bokadia.
The complaint was filed by city-based Rajendra Bhoyle, employed with a cooperative society, in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Ashutosh Shukla, which will hear it on November 1.
"The film Dirty Politics is based on Bhanvari Devi murder case in Rajasthan. The poster shows Mallika wrapping the tricolour around her in a semi-nude pose while she is sitting atop a vehicle fitted with a red beacon," said Bhoyle's advocate Kamal Patel.
"The national flag is thus dishonoured through this controversial poster of the film which would lead to obscenity in the society," he said.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman