Complaint Filed Against Mallika Sherawat Over 'Obscene' Poster
A complaint was filed in a local court today seeking to book a case against Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat for disrespecting the national flag through its objectionable portrayal in a poster of her upcoming film Dirty Politics.
The complaint also requested the court to book a similar case under relevant sections against the producer of the film, K C Bokadia.
The complaint was filed by city-based Rajendra Bhoyle, employed with a cooperative society, in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Ashutosh Shukla, which will hear it on November 1.
"The film Dirty Politics is based on Bhanvari Devi murder case in Rajasthan. The poster shows Mallika wrapping the tricolour around her in a semi-nude pose while she is sitting atop a vehicle fitted with a red beacon," said Bhoyle's advocate Kamal Patel.
"The national flag is thus dishonoured through this controversial poster of the film which would lead to obscenity in the society," he said.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10