Collector Bans Inflammatory Posts on Social Networking Sites
The district administration today banned the inflammatory posts on social networking sites ahead of festive season, a precautionary measure after such posts led to communal tension in the neighbouring Khandwa town last month.
"Due to the Khandwa incident and the festival season, the district administration has decided to ban inflammatory and objectionable posts on social networking sites under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code," Indore Collector Akash Tripathi told PTI.
Tripathi said that anybody posting any objectionable posts on social networking sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and other such sites would be booked under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code under which six months jail and a fine of Rs 1,000 would be imposed.
He said that such posts on social networking sites are made with an intention to vitiate the communal atmosphere leaving a bad impression in young minds.
Incidentally, a person was killed, leading to communal tension in Khandwa town, after an objectionable post on a social networking site, due to which the administration had to impose curfew in the town on July 31.
Though situation is fast returning to normal in Khandwa, the curfew is still on in the town from 10 pm to 6 am onwards, as a precautionary measure.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia