Claims Of Plastic Rice In Market A Rumour, Says Tamil Nadu Government
Tamil Nadu government today dismissed as "rumours", claims of plastic rice in markets and said no such rice has been seized in the country so far.
"Plastic rice has not been seized in any part of India. In Tamil Nadu, social media is creating rumours of plastic rice," Food and Civil Supplies Minister R Kamaraj said.
Intervening during a debate in the Assembly, he also warned of stern action against persons circulating such rumours.
In fact, the state had adequate stocks of rice, including towards for the free rice supply scheme even as it's price was under control, the minister said.
"The very concept of plastic rice is wrong since plastic can melt (when it is boiled, assuming to be rice,)" he added.
There was no need for any apprehensions in this regard, he said.
- Cabinet Approves Recommendations On Allowances
- Cabinet Approves Disinvestment Of Air India
- Thousands Protest Against 'Targeted Lynchings' Of Muslims
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 3 Hindu Yuva Vahini Activists Arrested For Alleged Gangrape
- SC Refuses To Pass Interim Order On Government Making Aadhaar Mandatory For Social Welfare Schemes
- Delhi Golf Club Asks Meghalaya Woman To Leave 'For Looking Like A Maid'
- Afghan Air Corridor Shows India's 'Stubborn Geopolitical Thinking', Says Chinese Daily