Chowrasia Slips on Final Day in Prague, Finishes Tied 39th
Indian golfer SSP Chowrasia dropped six shots in just two holes and slipped down the leader board as he finished tied 39th in the inaugural D+D REAL Czech Masters here.
Chowrasia, who started the final round in tied 17th place finished with a final round of four-over 76 as he tried to recover lost ground with three birdies on the back nine yesterday.
Chowrasia had a sedate start with two pars before he double bogeyed the par-3 third hole and then had a quadruple on par-4 fourth hole. That was six shots gone in two holes.
Shiv Kapur (72) was tied 52nd at even par for four rounds, while Gaganjeet Bhullar (76) at two-over was 69th.
Meanwhile, Jamie Donaldson confirmed his place at The 2014 Ryder Cup in the most spectacular fashion as the Welshman claimed his third European Tour title, courtesy a two-shot victory.
The 38-year-old carded a four-under par final round 68 to overcome his countryman and first round leader Bradley Dredge, andd finish with a winning total of 14-under and earn a place in Paul McGinley's European team.
With so much at stake, Donaldson showed the poise and determination of a future Ryder Cup star and raced out of the blocks, starting with three successive birdies before a bogey at the fourth pegged him back to two-under for the day, having found the trees from the tee.
He claimed that shot back, however, with a three at the par four sixth hole to reach the turn in three-under, before rolling in a putt from 25 feet at the 10th for birdie and capitalising on the final par five, the 13th, for another gain.
A bogey at the tricky 17th hole did not prove costly for Donaldson as Dredge also ran up a five after driving into the water hazard.
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED