Chowrasia Slips on Final Day in Prague, Finishes Tied 39th
Indian golfer SSP Chowrasia dropped six shots in just two holes and slipped down the leader board as he finished tied 39th in the inaugural D+D REAL Czech Masters here.
Chowrasia, who started the final round in tied 17th place finished with a final round of four-over 76 as he tried to recover lost ground with three birdies on the back nine yesterday.
Chowrasia had a sedate start with two pars before he double bogeyed the par-3 third hole and then had a quadruple on par-4 fourth hole. That was six shots gone in two holes.
Shiv Kapur (72) was tied 52nd at even par for four rounds, while Gaganjeet Bhullar (76) at two-over was 69th.
Meanwhile, Jamie Donaldson confirmed his place at The 2014 Ryder Cup in the most spectacular fashion as the Welshman claimed his third European Tour title, courtesy a two-shot victory.
The 38-year-old carded a four-under par final round 68 to overcome his countryman and first round leader Bradley Dredge, andd finish with a winning total of 14-under and earn a place in Paul McGinley's European team.
With so much at stake, Donaldson showed the poise and determination of a future Ryder Cup star and raced out of the blocks, starting with three successive birdies before a bogey at the fourth pegged him back to two-under for the day, having found the trees from the tee.
He claimed that shot back, however, with a three at the par four sixth hole to reach the turn in three-under, before rolling in a putt from 25 feet at the 10th for birdie and capitalising on the final par five, the 13th, for another gain.
A bogey at the tricky 17th hole did not prove costly for Donaldson as Dredge also ran up a five after driving into the water hazard.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10