Chowrasia Slips on Final Day in Prague, Finishes Tied 39th
Indian golfer SSP Chowrasia dropped six shots in just two holes and slipped down the leader board as he finished tied 39th in the inaugural D+D REAL Czech Masters here.
Chowrasia, who started the final round in tied 17th place finished with a final round of four-over 76 as he tried to recover lost ground with three birdies on the back nine yesterday.
Chowrasia had a sedate start with two pars before he double bogeyed the par-3 third hole and then had a quadruple on par-4 fourth hole. That was six shots gone in two holes.
Shiv Kapur (72) was tied 52nd at even par for four rounds, while Gaganjeet Bhullar (76) at two-over was 69th.
Meanwhile, Jamie Donaldson confirmed his place at The 2014 Ryder Cup in the most spectacular fashion as the Welshman claimed his third European Tour title, courtesy a two-shot victory.
The 38-year-old carded a four-under par final round 68 to overcome his countryman and first round leader Bradley Dredge, andd finish with a winning total of 14-under and earn a place in Paul McGinley's European team.
With so much at stake, Donaldson showed the poise and determination of a future Ryder Cup star and raced out of the blocks, starting with three successive birdies before a bogey at the fourth pegged him back to two-under for the day, having found the trees from the tee.
He claimed that shot back, however, with a three at the par four sixth hole to reach the turn in three-under, before rolling in a putt from 25 feet at the 10th for birdie and capitalising on the final par five, the 13th, for another gain.
A bogey at the tricky 17th hole did not prove costly for Donaldson as Dredge also ran up a five after driving into the water hazard.
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Modi Follows Person Who Hurled Abuses at Delhi CM, Claims AAP
- Bus Rams Into Tree in Solapur District, Four Dead
- Fed Up With Harassment, College Girl Ends Life in Malegaon
- Indian-American Girl Becomes Youngest Delegate at DNC
- 14-Year-Old Boy Wins International Maths Competition
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED