Choose Between Govt and Separatists: Jaitley Tells Pak
In a stern message to Pakistan, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley today said it was for the neighbouring country to decide whether it wants to talk to the Indian government or the separatists.
"After coming to power, we took a decision to call all our neighbours to the swearing-in ceremony. We also decided that there will be Foreign Secretary-level talks. But as we had stated earlier terrorism and talks can't go hand in hand," Jaitley said at a gathering of BJP leaders and intellectuals here.
"When Pakistan started showing its true colours. We had shown the guts to take a hard decision. You have to decide whether you want to talk to the separatists or with the Indian government. What kind of relation do you want? If you want to talk to separatists, then you can do that first. In order to take such a decision you ought to have the strength," Jaitley said.
India recently called off talks between the foreign secretaries of the two countries scheduled for August 25, telling Pakistan bluntly to choose between an Indo-Pak dialogue or hobnobbing with the separatists, after objecting to Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit's consultation with separatist Hurriyat leaders.
FROM OUTLOOKPakistanDespite its anti-India biases, Pakistan's post-1971 generation watches Zee TV, loves Madhuri Dixit and advocates peace...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBBook ExtractAlthough the story of Major Haroon and his army comore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA war of words has erupted between the ruling Pakimore from WIRES>>>
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED