Choose Between Govt and Separatists: Jaitley Tells Pak
In a stern message to Pakistan, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley today said it was for the neighbouring country to decide whether it wants to talk to the Indian government or the separatists.
"After coming to power, we took a decision to call all our neighbours to the swearing-in ceremony. We also decided that there will be Foreign Secretary-level talks. But as we had stated earlier terrorism and talks can't go hand in hand," Jaitley said at a gathering of BJP leaders and intellectuals here.
"When Pakistan started showing its true colours. We had shown the guts to take a hard decision. You have to decide whether you want to talk to the separatists or with the Indian government. What kind of relation do you want? If you want to talk to separatists, then you can do that first. In order to take such a decision you ought to have the strength," Jaitley said.
India recently called off talks between the foreign secretaries of the two countries scheduled for August 25, telling Pakistan bluntly to choose between an Indo-Pak dialogue or hobnobbing with the separatists, after objecting to Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit's consultation with separatist Hurriyat leaders.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10