Choose Between Govt and Separatists: Jaitley Tells Pak
In a stern message to Pakistan, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley today said it was for the neighbouring country to decide whether it wants to talk to the Indian government or the separatists.
"After coming to power, we took a decision to call all our neighbours to the swearing-in ceremony. We also decided that there will be Foreign Secretary-level talks. But as we had stated earlier terrorism and talks can't go hand in hand," Jaitley said at a gathering of BJP leaders and intellectuals here.
"When Pakistan started showing its true colours. We had shown the guts to take a hard decision. You have to decide whether you want to talk to the separatists or with the Indian government. What kind of relation do you want? If you want to talk to separatists, then you can do that first. In order to take such a decision you ought to have the strength," Jaitley said.
India recently called off talks between the foreign secretaries of the two countries scheduled for August 25, telling Pakistan bluntly to choose between an Indo-Pak dialogue or hobnobbing with the separatists, after objecting to Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit's consultation with separatist Hurriyat leaders.
FROM OUTLOOKPakistanDespite its anti-India biases, Pakistan's post-1971 generation watches Zee TV, loves Madhuri Dixit and advocates peace...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBAn anit-terrorist court in Pakistan has upheld nonmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA war of words has erupted between the ruling Pakimore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED