China Ticks off Kerry for Being Late
US Secretary of State John Kerry was ticked off by his Chinese counterpart today after he arrived late for talks between the superpowers as Washington attempts to cool regional maritime tensions.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi pointedly remarked that he had been waiting "for more than half an hour" in comments through an interpreter after Kerry arrived late for a meeting between the two countries.
Kerry, chuckling sheepishly, apologised for keeping Beijing's top diplomat waiting.
"I am very, very sorry," he said ahead of the meeting on the sidelines of talks between the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and regional and global powers.
The US has urged an end to all acts that may worsen already strained relations between China and regional rival claimants over parts of the South China Sea.
Wang today said China was not the aggressor in the disputed waters, but vowed Beijing would have "clear and firm reactions" to defend its interests in the sea.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman